Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some LP640 Murci going for low $200k. Where do you think the Aventador will bottom out around? Upper 200?

·
Registered
92 Posts
In Europe, you can get a Murcielago for less than 100k€, that is to say 140k$. So I guess the Avy will follow this way as well, in the next decade.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In Europe, you can get a Murcielago for less than 100k€, that is to say 140k$. So I guess the Avy will follow this way as well, in the next decade.
exactly there is no reason to think it would do any better/worse then the murcielago.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The thing about getting a used aventador in like 4-5 years. They will look horribly outdated.
The murcielagos are in a decent price range now, but put it next to an aventador and it just looks and feels sub-par!

I do prefer the lines of the huracan more, but you will see hundreds of them flooding the streets soon!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The thing about getting a used aventador in like 4-5 years. They will look horribly outdated.
The murcielagos are in a decent price range now, but put it next to an aventador and it just looks and feels sub-par!
Can't agree with that. Ok, the Murci' doesn't look as futuristic as the Avy' does, but I think that the first one still and will always look fantastic. Its design is much simpler than the Avy's, it's less "tortured", which kinda makes it manlier and more timeless. If I had enough money to buy an Avy', I'd rather go with a Murci. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

I do prefer the lines of the huracan more, but you will see hundreds of them flooding the streets soon!

Are you seriously serious? You're telling me that an aventador will look dated in 4 years? give me a break. The aventador is light years ahead of many vehicles in terms of design. A rolls royce ghost with straight lines and huge flat panels would fit your description.

I can't' imagine in 2018 when people see an orange aventador they'll be like, oh wow, that shit looks so old. EW.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you look back, most Lambo V12s keep dropping in price over time and then rise again... 10 years ago you could pick up a countach for 65.000EU (in Europe), now they're over 150,000EU. Diablo is the same, they bottomed out around 65,000EU about 2 years ago and are slowly rising again (touching 80,000EU in Europe now (Entry level))
I think the early Murcie will drop fast now, as the design itself was not so loved, and LP640s are hitting the market like crazy now, and look so much better.
Once the Aventador replacements come in, prices will drop fast. In Europe I expect them to be below 200,000EU (+/- 275K USD) probably in Q1 or Q2 2016, when the majority of first deliveries are 3 years old. Unless some other country finds a new way to tax high end cars like they did in Belgium back in early 2012, crashing the European market for luxury cars overnight.
If you want to buy wise, now is the time to buy Diablos and special edition early Gallardo's (SE, Nero, SL). Early Murcies probably best bet for mid to late 2015 (Should hover around 100K USD by then)

All just my 2c worth of course.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The lp700 looks like it came from the year 2020 so I'm sure it wont "look" outdated anytime soon. Hell the Diablo still look pretty modern till this day

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The lp700 looks like it came from the year 2020 so I'm sure it wont "look" outdated anytime soon. Hell the Diablo still look pretty modern till this day

Absolutely right about the Diablo. One of my customers took me for a spin in a grey one (i noted the color because it's pretty bland) and we still got plenty of looks. Even the whores loved it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Why not a late LP-560 Gallardo? Call me crazy but I'd take it over the V12. Easier to live with and timeless looks?
Yes I know TG isn't to be taken seriously for car shopping, but I do like the points brought up especially 4:45 into the vid.

I'd take G over the murci or aventador. I physically wouldn't be able to drive them. I'm too short. lmao

I will have G though. One day. Verde Ithica G, UGR kit, i need nothing else.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'm guessing about 290ish in late 2015.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts