Luxury4Play.com banner

What car covers do you use/recommend?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GoHokiesGo 
#1 ·
I just got my car out of the paint shop, and want to take care of the work. The owner of the shop told me to go with a cover that uses cotton on the inside, to let some moisture flow and for some air to breathe.

I was curious as to what you guys use and recommend for a modest budget. Think in the ballpark of $150ish.

#4 ·
For indoor only use, I love the Dustop™ cover that I got through Griot's Garage: Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

The link pertains to my car, but you can use the site to pick out your car. They run in the $200-$250 range, but for a cover that will protect and not marr the paint, this is a good choice. As with any cover, the more care you use when putting it on and removing it, the less potential damage to the surface.

For outdoor use, look at their Weathershield covers.

#5 ·
Get a costom cover. They fit better and less likely to fly off on windy days.

Coverking and California car cover are your beat sources. Covercraft is not as good.

You can often look on Craigslist and eBay for a used one too. I have gotten $400 covers for $75-125 range.

The lighter and more compact the cover is, the easier it is to put on and off. Those bulky3-4 ply evolution cover work well only if you don't drive it daily. For a daily, either go for the one ply top if line or go with the silverguard with a felt lining under neath.

#8 · (Edited)
I just bought a new Vette, and I wont have a garage to store it in at my current place. I'd definitely like to get a nice quality cover for it for using when I'm out of town or during the winter when I'll drive it less often.

Is there any preference between the California Car Cover or the Coverking, or are they both the same realistically in how they protect the car?? I'm between these two:
  • Coverking Stormproof Cover - for $412 (2-tone in Wine/Black)
  • California Car Cover Superweave - for $397 (2-tone in Red/Black)

I'm mostly interested in the one thats going to provide the best protection for my car and then easiest storage for when not in use. If all things are equal for the most part - I'd probably prefer the Wine color since it matches the car, but that's just aesthetics.

And do you guys toss a cover on the car every night, or only after you've just washed the vehicle? It'd be nice to be able to protect it all the time, but obviously I can't wash it every single night. I'd hate to let any dust or small debris create scratches when the cover is over it, but I didnt know if some of the soft liners in the covers mitigate that and allow it to be used anytime.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT - I ended up picking up the Coverking Stormproof cover for my Vette. Amazon had it for $230, so I decided to jump on the deal since I didnt want my new toy getting rained on anymore!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.