Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything in your hometown thats known for being the freshest around?

In oklahoma, we get a lot of pears and peaches.. Some of the best peaches you'd ever have in your life..

Ive had them every season my whole life and I take it for granted when Im on a trip and have them and realize how awful they are! lol

What about you?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
georgia peaches. The ones from trees. The ones that come from their mothers I only wish I could say are fresh.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I live in the rural region of texas so we get pretty much everything fresh or home grown.
my faves would be the heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers.
and I cant forget the meat lol.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
peaches... SC is the 2nd largest peach grower behind California

fish... name it we have it. I live on an island that has creeks, rivers, oceans, and marshes (good crab, flounder, and spots)

any kind of vegetable... Anything good grows here, because the land is sooo good...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Up here in the PNW we got some geoduck.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm in the Farm hub of NJ, I can get just about every vegetable or fruit you can think of.

Namely this summer I picked up corn, tomatoes, cucumbers.

Also, venison and pheasant for the meat category.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Well...being that I live in Socal....pretty much anything depending on the time of year.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i worked on a farm/have friends with farms... so a lot

but things from/made in chicago that are known to everyone?

mirai corn, deep dish pizza, cheese cake, jelly beans, cheese, oberweis milk. I know I am missing a lot here

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Our family grows a ton of veggies from sweet corn, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, lettuce, green beans, peas, lima beans, squash, cucumbers, onions and probably some other stuff.

I love summers in Ohio for this reason

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Salinas is a 15 minute drive from Monterey - the salad bowl of the U.S. and I believe the biggest strawberry producer as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Salinas is a 15 minute drive from Monterey - the salad bowl of the U.S. and I believe the biggest strawberry producer as well.
Miss that area, some of the best roadside farmers stands around. Not to mention some of the restaurants there.

Here in Hawaii I'd have to say seafood and pineapples. The pineapples here are cheap and delicious. Drive out to some of the rural areas and you can get some good mangos, apple bananas and all kinds of tropical fruit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I live close enough to MD to get some great blue crabs. VA (further south) is also known for the super salty smithfield ham... mmmmm

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I live close enough to MD to get some great blue crabs. VA (further south) is also known for the super salty smithfield ham... mmmmm
Smithfield Ham is about 40 minutes away from me. Been in the plants a bunch of times. We also have great peanuts here. Planters, Whitleys, Williamsburg Peanut Shop, and Feridies.

Tons of seafood since I'm on the York River. Scallops are awesome and Yorktown Pub has the best crabcake sandwich around. Our tuna steaks are supurb and Rockfish are starting to run as well.

St. George's brewery is about 20 minutes away and if you're an Anheuser Busch fan, their Williamsburg Brewery is here.

And then add the hundreds of Virginia Wineries......

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Fresh meth, evidently.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts