7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341104565.602574.jpg

Doesn't even have an 8 track player!

What can I do to modernize this a bit?

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I agree 100%. In my 63 Lincoln, I left the original audio equipment intact and installed new component under the dash.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you want a modern head unit that looks like the original give Custom Autosound a try.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hacking the interior up is not on the agenda, it's a 1970 Buick Rivera with less than 20k miles on it...heck the spare tire and jack haven't been moved since they were put in. The radio currently doesn't work, I have to find my multi-meter to find where the power stops flowing before it hits the speakers.

Doing some research I will basically be putting a complete audio system in. New wires from the battery to a fuse panel, speaker wire, speaker mounts the whole nine yards. Right now I'm leaning towards installing the head-unit under the seat and relying on a remote or some sort of remote display that is temporary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my '46 chevy coupe and in my dads '31 model A we have secret audio installed. cant complain so far except you cant hear the music when the '31 is running. Not exactly a bad thing

·
Registered
292 Posts
Audio Control LC8i with a new amp and some speakers and just go straight iPod! LC8i will give you 4volt RCA out aux in Volume and Bass Control. Sweet little Thing and leave the dash Stock. iPhone will do internet radio, iTunes , XMsirius or any other audio source. Spotify!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts