Luxury4Play.com banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately there are so many planes to choose from that the question is unfair to answer.

Maybe a quick categorial line up would help out as in: Military / civilian.
Or before jet era & after?
American or Otherwise?

Without a doubt I would go for the SR-71 Blackbird as my favorite military aircraft closely followed by the F-14 Tomcat. I love the Rafale though and the MiG 29 Fulcrum was just awesome in it´s time. The F-22 as well as the F-15 are also quite nice..

Civilian aircraft would have to be: Drums please... The TU 144!!

Yeah, I know it´s Russian & it´s a copy of the Concorde BUT, it was built first, flew first and faster than the Concorde which is IMHO was a hell of an achievement for 1968.
And let´s try and remain objective in this case. It still holds the record of being the fastest civilian passenger plane in the world.
Solely because of the accident in Paris ´71 it became unworthy of international air travel. But after a stunt like that, I don´t think even the Concorde would have survived.
Stupid show off pilot !

·
Registered
185 Posts
Gee Bee
"The grail" right there....
You had to have balls the size of car wheels to fly that one....
I saw Delmar Benjamin fly his replica Gee Bee R2 at Oshkosh many times... a beautiful airplane indeed.

I could go with anything from the "Golden Age" of aviation: Gee Bee, Waco Taperwing, Travelair Mystery Ship...

I used to work for Jim Younkin, owner and builder of this Mystery Ship replica, which I believe is the only flying one at this time. Radial engines are fantastic machines.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I prefer big but elegant passenger aircrafts such as Boeing 777, 767 etc.

A380 is an extremely big jet but I don't think of it as a beauty...

Everyone who is interested in aviation should check out this channel: VIESpotting - YouTube

A friend of mine is into plane-spotting and would be happy to get more subscribers - I really like his videos

Greetings from Vienna

101 - 106 of 106 Posts