Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The QSST

12 seater. Travel speed should be Mach 1.6 to 1.8 (approximately 1,218 to 1,370 statute miles per hour)...with a range of ~4600 miles. LA to NYC in ~2 hrs. The sonic boom is said to be 1/100th of the Concorde. Customer deliveries are expected by 2016.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am learning to fly and dreaming of having two planes, although just one is perfectly fine too. One a family plane that seats 6 (including the pilot, me) and one for day trip business trips.

Not sure what I can afford as nothing right now, but I suppose in a couple of years, something in the $750,000 for the family plane and $350,000 for the business day trip plane. Any ideas? For the day trip plane looking for something fast and fun to fly that sips the fuel and is super safe and easy to manage. Of course used is an option for me.

Of course I would take one plane, like that Supersonic plane posted above. Wow, that is my dream, but have to say, most likely even beyond my dream to be able to afford it. Well ok, maybe when I am 65, but then I would have no need to get there that fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. Good choices here. Hard to believe that "Kelly" Johnson's career included the P-38 and the SR-71 (among others). Two of my favorites. But for this thread I'll have to nominate the Beechcraft Starship. (Hope I didn't offend anybody who works at Raytheon)

Ahh, the what-ifs. As they say, sometimes it pays to be a fast second.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts