Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I have a weird affection for odd planes throughout history; here are a few of the other ones I like:

Douglas C-124A Globemaster II

Boeing stratocruiser

Flying Boxcar

Aviation Traders ATL.98 Carvair

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Two words. Airbus. Beluga.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Surprised no ones said it yet. Concorde hands down to me she'll always be the most beautiful plane to have graced the skies.
Only wish I could have had the chance to beat the sun across the Atlantic and to arrive at JFK before I left Heathrow haha.

Love this video about her too!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
As a child I was fortunate enough to have seen the Concorde in action, take off and landing many times as well as even being able to walk through one and see the cockpit between flights. Although it was in fact an amazing plane to behold, I never really was impressed with how small the cabin was.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My Fave plane is the one that doesnt crash :)
But seriously at the moment its probably this

Ive been a big fan of this since they annouced it. Imma have to hit up Hovy for a ride some day. If...when Im fortunate enough to be able to have one I'll definately get it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My Fave plane is the one that doesnt crash :)
But seriously at the moment its probably this

Ive been a big fan of this since they annouced it. Imma have to hit up Hovy for a ride some day. If...when Im fortunate enough to be able to have one I'll definately get it.
This was possibly its predecessor or at least where they got the design idea,

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
^that seems like a good idea to start from. I know its gonna be a hot seller once its available.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Harrier AV-8B
Ever since I saw it take off at an Air Show it's been one of my fav. planes.
I agree I like its vertical takeoff ability and the fact it’s just so cool!

I too was probably at the same air show because I have loved it ever since seeing in person.

·
Registered
332 Posts
no one ever said it had to be a manned plane :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Another Concorde fan here.

When they were doing the press and pr flights for it's launch it came to East Midlands Airport because Rolls Royce Aero Engines, where my dad worked, was based nearby.

I was two at the time and remember sitting on my dad's shoulders watching from the airport perimeter being scared shitless as it roared down the runway really not all that far away.

When I moved to London I would always look up for it whenever I heard the distinctive sound of it overhead. I never got tired of it. And it was a sad day when it made that final flight back to London, not only was it the end of an era, but it meant I would never be able to fulfill a dream of sailing to New York and coming back on Concorde

Oh and the Red Arrows are fvcking awesome aswell, not for the planes themselves, but for what those guys (and now girl) can do with them. :bow1:

21 - 40 of 106 Posts