Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Pretty sweet, I wonder how it holds up to the elements?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Id venture to say its stronger wood, or very well treated. I know the nixon wood ones hold up really well

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Cool Concept, funky watches, but planting a single tree per watch is nothing major. Moreso a marketing scheme.

I've worked as a Tree Planting Crewboss in Northern Canada the entire time I've been in University, so I may know a thing or two about planting a tree...:whistle: I've put in over 5000 in a day by myself on a few occasions. A single tree at that pace is about 4-5 seconds of work for someone.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Cool Concept, funky watches, but planting a single tree per watch is nothing major. Moreso a marketing scheme.

I've worked as a Tree Planting Crewboss in Northern Canada the entire time I've been in University, so I may know a thing or two about planting a tree...:whistle: I've put in over 5000 in a day by myself on a few occasions. A single tree at that pace is about 4-5 seconds of work for someone.
one is better than none.

I like these watches...I would rock one.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Something as simple as planting trees, is more than most companies do.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I'm actually digging them. I'm going to check them out in person this week to see how they wear and maybe grab one...will keep you guys informed

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm actually digging the black chrono one on their website. Gonna check 'em out locally within the next few days here.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
one is better than none.
Something as simple as planting trees, is more than most companies do.
Completely agreed guys. Maybe not in the states, but companies planting a tree per every time you buy something from them has become a bit more commonplace up here.

All I was trying to convey is that the amount of trees that is going to be planted by a company such as this is such a small amount compared the impact in which they are hoping to convey it has to consumers.

I would merely like to see a larger donation, if anything. But again, don't get me wrong, one certainly is better than none.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i feel good when i wear products that have given back to the planet....okay, i do live in eco-ville, but my Toms shoes feel extra good on me knowing that someone else is rocking a pair who really needs 'em.

·
10,594 Posts
I know what i've done to steel and Ti watches just wondering how long before I shattered one of these into toothpicks. long live the trees.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts