Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A picture of the replacement R8 has been added to the end of this thread (page 12).

My girlfriend and I were headed to pickup some dinner and I was just cruising down the road when this girl came barreling through the intersection, running a stop sign and slammed into my R8! I don't know what the hell she was thinking, but clearly she is an idiot! I guess some people can't seem to see the obnoxiously large stop sign...oh wait, there were actually two...one on each side! Here is the aftermath! By the way, both of us are fine. We walked away.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
damn man that sucks bad!!
is it a total loss?
I hope everything gets resolved with the insurance and maybe you can get into something better real soon
glad you guys walked away safely

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was the girl DRUNK? As the days go on, i find people are getting worse and worse at driving. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Glad everyone is ok. Just remember it was an accident, so hopefully you are able to forgive the girl. I am sure insurance will resolve everything. As someone else mentioned, was there a passenger in the other car or was the damage to the windshield from the air bag?

Yesterday while driving I saw an accident that literally made no sense. A lexus ls was the only car involved, managed to drive head on in to a light pole. Driver must have either been texting or fallen asleep or something.

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
That does suck!! Glad to see y'all are ok.

The real question is what's next? You're obviously a real car guy so we all know you've already been shopping this morning. LOL

·
Registered
589 Posts
Keeping the trend... glad you guys are ok, but damn... just damn... I can't stand when people do stupid stuff that damages others' property. IMHO, there's a difference between an accident and a wreck. An accident is caused when you lose control because of a blow out, your brakes fail... things like that. A wreck is based solely on operator error and (usually) lack of attention. Sucks you were at the receiving end of what seems to be the latter of the two.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn man that sucks bad!!
is it a total loss?
I hope everything gets resolved with the insurance and maybe you can get into something better real soon
glad you guys walked away safely
I am not sure if it is a total loss. I think it will be since the frame is bent and there is a lot of structural damage. I hope it is a total loss. I've already started looking for a replacement since I won't be taking this car back either way. Appreciate the kind words.

Hopefully she has good insurance. F430 Scuderia next?
The good news is she has current insurance. I'm not sure what I will be replacing the R8 with. I was thinking another R8 or maybe a GT3. I'm leaving my options open, but this was my daily driver so I will want something comfortable and exotic.

Glad to see your ok. Cars can be replaced.

Did she have a passenger with her or was that the air bag that busted the window?
Thank you! I agree. She did have a passenger with her...I think her boyfriend. I'm not sure if his head hit the glass or the airbag did, but I'm willing to bet the airbag since he didn't look like he had any cuts or bruises.

Was the girl DRUNK? As the days go on, i find people are getting worse and worse at driving. Glad to hear everyone is ok.
I didn't know at first. It happened around 8:30 p.m. Apparently she was not though. Just a young teenage girl who wasn't paying attention. Thanks.

Glad you're ok man! As for the girl, if the R8 was my car, she would have like 24 hours to fix it or else... I wouldn't care about insurance! :whistle:
Thank you! I actually didn't say one word to her or her boyfriend. I did however check on them to make sure they weren't hurt. I didn't even want to start yelling. Kept my cool.

Glad everyone is ok. Just remember it was an accident, so hopefully you are able to forgive the girl. I am sure insurance will resolve everything. As someone else mentioned, was there a passenger in the other car or was the damage to the windshield from the air bag?

Yesterday while driving I saw an accident that literally made no sense. A lexus ls was the only car involved, managed to drive head on in to a light pole. Driver must have either been texting or fallen asleep or something.
Thank you. Yeah, it definitely sucks though. She was completely at fault and came flying through the intersection, blowing the stop sign at like 40 - 50 mph. I didn't get mad and yell, but she is definitely an idiot! As I said above, she did have a passenger and I think the airbag broke the windshield on her car. Can't believe your experience. Some people shouldn't be driving.

She is F'ed!
Yeah, she was crying when she left. I'm sure her dad wasn't thrilled that she crashed her car (he showed up real quick)....especially since it was into an R8.

That does suck!! Glad to see y'all are ok.

The real question is what's next? You're obviously a real car guy so we all know you've already been shopping this morning. LOL
Thank you. Believe it or not, I started looking as soon as I got home. I happened to be looking for a while now as I was considering trading it in on something else. I guess I don't have to decide anymore. It's definitely happening now. I've looked into another R8 V8, R8 V10, Porsche GT3 and Porsche Turbo. Lol!

r.i.p r8. at least no life was lost
Yes, it has been a wonderful car! I will miss it dearly. Everyone was very lucky to walk away.

Sorry to hear this....I'd be sooo pissed at that dimwit.
glad ur ok
Thank you. I am definitely pissed at her. She was a real dumbass, but shit happens. I appreciate the kind words.

Oh man.. that's one christmas gift :eek:hwell: Glad to hear noone got hurt. Really sorry for your loss but as told, cars can be replaced. Let's hope the insurance company solves this fast and smooth.
Definitely not what I was looking for this holiday season, but what can I do. I'm glad no one got hurt too. My insurance company is great. I actually like them a lot. Great to deal with and always here to help.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that happen
Glad both of you guys are ok and insurance will take care of everything
Thank you very much! We are both fine. Insurance will definitely take care of everything. Hope hers isn't too annoying to deal with.

Tragic

At least you walked away though.
Yes, very much so. We are lucky!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.