Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered Welder watches through another thread, I had never heard of this brand before, but after checking out its website I am absolutely in love with these watches! Does anyone here own one? Please post pics if you do. Are they sold anywhere at retail? I'd like to see one in person before deciding to buy one online

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Welder watches are no longer being produced. The company has closed for lack of a better word. I don't think you will find anyone retailing them but most sites offer them at a 60-75% discount. There are nice watches if you can get them for a fraction of the price I say get one if you like them...

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Wyler is on hiatus..not sure about Welder. You could be confused!

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
I've heard that welders are not that great quality wise, but I have never owned one. Aren't they all miyoto quartz/mineral crystal?

Wayyyyy too expensive if that is the case

·
3,114 Posts
I've heard that welders are not that great quality wise, but I have never owned one. Aren't they all miyoto quartz/mineral crystal?

Wayyyyy too expensive if that is the case
I used to own one and was not impressed by the quality. I had a PVD version and I must say that the PVD was poorly done. Seemed very thin (would scratch easily) compared to the PVD on my Lum-Tec. Needless to say I ended up selling it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I own one. I have the PVD version and it does scratch easy. They are really cool looking watches, not the greatest quality, but also reasonably priced. I always get compliments.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you guys explain to what the "PVD version" means? If you guys don't like it, is there an alternative? I really like these watches, but now you guys are turning me off of them

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Can you guys explain to what the "PVD version" means? If you guys don't like it, is there an alternative? I really like these watches, but now you guys are turning me off of them
pvd is a coating...its that matte black coating that you see on some watches.

·
3,114 Posts

PVD stands for physical vapor deposition, which "is a variety of vacuum deposition and is a general term used to describe any of a variety of methods to deposit thin films by the condensation of a vaporized form of the material onto various surfaces. The coating method involves purely physical processes such as high temperature vacuum evaporation or plasma sputter bombardment rather than involving a chemical reaction at the surface to be coated as in chemical vapor deposition."

Black-ion plated is similar.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts