Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'll be taking a weekend in Toronto with the wife between business trips in Detroit.

I'm looking for restaurants, and places to go. I'll most likely be staying downtown (looking at the DoubleTree or Trump).

How's parking/driving around the city? Should we plan on walking everywhere?

Restaurants, looking for a few good places, entree in the USD $20-30 range. If exceptionally good, definitely willing to spend the money.

Are there any must do sights? CN Tower for sure, but what else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
hey there, public transport in Toronto is some of the best in Canada.( the transit system that is) if you are down town there are a ton of awesome restaurants around, its a foodie hub! but if your looking for a special date night, I would suggest Ruth Chris Toronto

·
Registered
208 Posts
like I said, down town Toronto is a foodie hub, personally i haven't lived close to Toronto for a few years so I wont speculate on which ones I like as things change from month to month! good luck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Restaurant wise, Momofuku is good, if you're up for spending some coin, go to their family meal restaurant.

There's Blackhoof on the westside, which has some interestingly awesome tapas style dishes.

Guu Izakaya is an awesome post-dinner spot for a great take on Japanese izakaya food.

Your best option is to go to Best of Toronto and hit the filter for food only.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Restaurant wise, Momofuku is good, if you're up for spending some coin, go to their family meal restaurant.

There's Blackhoof on the westside, which has some interestingly awesome tapas style dishes.

Guu Izakaya is an awesome post-dinner spot for a great take on Japanese izakaya food.

Your best option is to go to Best of Toronto and hit the filter for food only.
Thanks! Guu Izakaya seems great. But no reservation times for a Saturday night. Easy enough to walk-in?

Momofuku seems good, should I be looking at the Daisho, Seiobo, or noodle bar?

·
Registered
503 Posts
From those hotels you don't need to drive in a weekend -
For food/drink, spend a night on "Ossington" - probably 10 min cab from your hotel (nice 30 min walk)
Depending on the time of year - check out Harbourfront in the summer, they have concerts and stuff on the lake front.

If you're around on a Saturday morning, walk to the St. Lawrence Market for breakfast. Then keep walking to the 'distillery district'. It is good for a few hours and a meal.

There is no shortage of things to do and places to eat in Toronto in the summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts