Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I had to go to a wedding I was in middle school... now in college and much older I'm not entirely sure what's appropriate. Well, no, I do... I know how to dress myself but I kind of don't want to go the typical slacks and shirt route.

Any advice? Help me out fashion people... should I wear some good jeans and a coat? Sweater?

The wedding is mid October, so it'll be a little chilly until the alcohol starts flowing and the music starts :clap:

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Wtf? Jeans????

Are you kidding!?!!?!?

I think I have warn a suit to every wedding I have been to. Granted 95% of them are russian and it looks like a funeral sometimes with all the men in all black.

That being said. At least nice slacks and button shirt.

Correction: Unless you are going to the wedding for the douche who started Rock and Republic. Then wear jeans.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wtf? Jeans????

Are you kidding!?!!?!?

I think I have warn a suit to every wedding I have been to. Granted 95% of them are russian and it looks like a funeral sometimes with all the men in all black.

That being said. At least nice slacks and button shirt.
Sounds boring, but I guess I have no choice but to stick to the typical nice slacks and button shirt. Not interested in wearing a suit... majority of the people will be 21-30 years old. Parents will be there but it's not going to be a huge wedding. Not exactly sure if that matters but... I guess what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a wedding that will be "cultural" in the sense of a typical Russian wedding, or Mexican, or Italian, Iranian etc etc... makes sense? lol

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Sounds boring, but I guess I have no choice but to stick to the typical nice slacks and button shirt. Not interested in wearing a suit... majority of the people will be 21-30 years old. Parents will be there but it's not going to be a huge wedding. Not exactly sure if that matters but... I guess what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a wedding that will be "cultural" in the sense of a typical Russian wedding, or Mexican, or Italian, Iranian etc etc... makes sense? lol

Well in that case...It sucks for you because NOTHING is worse then an american wedding.

You know your people better then any of us do. If other people will wear jeans then do it. You might as well as be comfortable.

Are you going to be giving a toast or will you be in photos with the bride/groom? If so then dress up a little bit. It's their day, not yours ;).

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
3 piece suit is almost standard at every wedding I've attended. Especially in the colder months when a lady might need to borrow your coat ;)

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
3 piece suit, set off with a nice tie, shoes and proper accessories, will look stunning!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sounds boring
Get used to it bud, lol! I love any excuse to rock a suit. 3 piece is a bit much I'd say, but a nice 2 button suit should be the minimum. It'll be chilly, a jacket makes sense doesn't it? When you're warmed up on the d floor feel free to let loose and take it off.

Also, try not to wear what the wedding party is wearing color-wise or you'll look like a douche.

Is it an indoor or outdoor wedding?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just because the crowd will be 21-30 does not mean you do not have to show some respect. 2 button classic suit is standard attire for a wedding. People will be wearing jeans? Where do you live??? Will you guys be eating pulled pork sandwhichs and potato chips for the meal?

Wear a suit bro.....or at a minimum slacks and a coat....its the respectful thing to do.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
unless the invitations specify a certain attire, a little overdressed is better than a little underdressed. you're there for the bride and groom's important day, dress as such.

suits don't mean boring either. the women will notice if you look like you put extra effort. the weddings that i've been a little overdressed, i received only compliments.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Suit it up! Degenerates where jeans and button ups to weddings your not going to the club!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Always better to be over dressed than under dressed. When you look good, you feel good and the girls will pick up on that. wedding are the best place to pick up, free drinks and the biological clock spell SUXXESS!!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Suit it up! Degenerates where jeans and button ups to weddings your not going to the club!
Degenerates spell wear where.

:laugh: I kid, I kid.

Listen to the man. SUIT THE F*CK UP! :emot-tip-wink:

·
Registered
4,507 Posts

lol'z
***watching you like hawk as a jewish spelling nazi.

***Dohn't whatch mee. eye kan't sphell.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Blah! wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear wear:eek:hwell::eek:hwell::eek:hwell:

·
Registered
332 Posts
You seen a bit lost from the initial post. So there is what I suggest. First, wear a suit that is a given; Second, go to a mens clothing store if you don't own a suit and get one. I would go to a local family owned and operated establishment instead of a national chain because you will develop a personal relationship with them and they can be a great resource in a pinch; Third, refer to the Esquire book on the topic and many others. The ISBN: 9781588167460 and titled Esquire The Handbook of Style: A Man’s Guide to Looking Good.

I was once lost on the subject as well. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
You seen a bit lost from the initial post. So there is what I suggest. First, wear a suit that is a given; Second, go to a mens clothing store if you don't own a suit and get one. I would go to a local family owned and operated establishment instead of a national chain because you will develop a personal relationship with them and they can be a great resource in a pinch; Third, refer to the Esquire book on the topic and many others. The ISBN: 9781588167460 and titled Esquire The Handbook of Style: A Man’s Guide to Looking Good.

I was once lost on the subject as well. Hope that helps.
lol...great reply!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts