Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
shane is good people.....
my 2 cents..i dont think the majority really understands what goes in to coordinating these events..its crazy really..i've run multiple 100-200 car rally's from ny to OC maryland...caddy will has attended them before...it takes months to organize a great event...
to take this on for free is insane...

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
shane is good people.....
my 2 cents..i dont think the majority really understands what goes in to coordinating these events..its crazy really..i've run multiple 100-200 car rally's from ny to OC maryland...caddy will has attended them before...it takes months to organize a great event...
to take this on for free is insane...
Insane yes. It's a lot of work but if this is your life it is well worth it. I have made some amazing friends doing this. One's I would not trade for anything.

·
Registered
938 Posts
honestly one person shouldn't have to handle the entire tristate. it should be possibly by state or even region of state. most of the time when things happen people don't like to drive over an hour or more for "local" events. i never went to the Lilo thing cause it was ridiculously out of the way for me on a weekday. maybe having one person for northern jersey, one person for nyc, one for LI and so on and so forth. then those members get together for larger ideas and events.

and btw i have seen plenty of people try to "rally the troops", including myself, and no one shows up or gets involved. so it is as much the local member's faults as it is not having a head member setting things up!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
honestly one person shouldn't have to handle the entire tristate. it should be possibly by state or even region of state. most of the time when things happen people don't like to drive over an hour or more for "local" events. i never went to the Lilo thing cause it was ridiculously out of the way for me on a weekday. maybe having one person for northern jersey, one person for nyc, one for LI and so on and so forth. then those members get together for larger ideas and events.

and btw i have seen plenty of people try to "rally the troops", including myself, and no one shows up or gets involved. so it is as much the local member's faults as it is not having a head member setting things up!
You have valid points and L4Padmins should definitely consider CoAff's
....its not easy getting people together, scheduling conflicts and distance are the main obstacles...

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
James, we have burnt no bridges. We don't take sides, we don't ban members because they belong to other forums, we don't care what car club u belong to, what you drive, who u hang with. The unfortunate sequence of events is due to lack of experience, lack of vision and belief in what we are all about by a person that was left in charge.

This place is only about love of cars and bringing like minded people together to enjoy it. funny you bring up Hovik, I had an email from him tonight that he wants to join the community and I have given a green light to his and everybody elses return that wants to put this behind them and join us for what really matters. Cars, friends, and long lasting relationships.

I believe it takes more than one individual to do this, I think we need every member to contribute and have a few key members like a board of directors to plan and over see it. I think we should have Shane, with the help of James and hovik and maybe even a few more members spearhead these efforts but I want to hear more and learn.

^^ Hovik would be the best person, but I think that bridge was burned already..

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I am all for helping out, you know that. Once my new facility is opened I will host a get together with everyone from the tri state on various forums. From there we will begin the restructure.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
If Hovik comes back my only request is we don't allow him to post his friday night drag queen attire.

I hope that's not to much to ask.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
If Hovik comes back my only request is we don't allow him to post his friday night drag queen attire.

I hope that's not to much to ask.
Damnit! There goes my plan... Am I really that predictable, Brendan?! :lol: Now I have to switch everything to Thursday nights... :whistle:

I appreciate the mention here, also happy to see things moving forward on L4P. I have my hands full with my own club events, but I'll try to be helpful. Good luck Shane or whoever else takes on the task. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Damnit! There goes my plan... Am I really that predictable, Brendan?! :lol: Now I have to switch everything to Thursday nights... :whistle:

I appreciate the mention here, also happy to see things moving forward on L4P. I have my hands full with my own club events, but I'll try to be helpful. Good luck Shane or whoever else takes on the task. :beerchug:
Good to see you back on here Hovik. Its Nik (Will - White gt3's friend)..

And my vote goes for Shane, James or Hovik as well. They have all planned/put together great events and know what is involved to get things done right!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i miss doing the northeast stuff, and the few times i've checked this section i've noticed things have quieted down. don't know the story, but i can vouch for shane being a great guy and a ton of fun to drive with.

maybe a team of 3 or so for the northeast makes sense, as there are so many people spread across a wide area. might i suggest somebody get on the coordination for the cliffs of insanity 2010, whenever that gets going? was one of the best events i've ever been to, period, last year, and i can only say that i hope to have a car and the time to head to ny if/when it comes around again this fall.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts

Welcome back bud. Good to see you around here.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts