Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Hope everyone is doing well. To make a long story short, my house was broken into and three of my watches were stolen (a hand-me-down Breitling Navitimer from my grandfather, Magrette Moana Pacific Regattere and Maurice Lacroix dress watch).

My girlfriend and I mesed up our insurance policy and unfortunately only had $1000 of renters insurance for Jewlery (lesson learned the hard way!) :(

I'm now looking to purchase a new (for me, the watch will likely be used) piece in the 2500-3000 range. As far as style goes, I like simple, classic looks - my dream watch is a AP Royal Oak (obviously not in the cards right now) but also am into PAMs, Subs, things of that sort.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on pieces/brands to check out? Or, is anyone looking to offload something?

Thanks all - this website is always great and have no doubt y'all will have some great ideas.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So sorry to hear. Im sure it'll all work out and the gurus here will give you awesome suggestions! In that price range, I'd probably be looking at seamasters!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have a (vintage) Seamaster - I want to expand my range a bit, but I do keep coming back to the seamasters. I love the aquaterra

·
Registered
492 Posts
I cant stop laughing at the quote in your signature ^

Reactions: LaEnana

·
Registered
403 Posts
Omega Speedmaster Pro moon phase on a leather strap.
Omega De Ville Co-axial GMT (can be found on eBay for under $3K easily.)
Longines Evidenza moon phase / day-date
Stowa Marine Original and upgrade the strap
Ball Cleveland Express
Oris Artelier Complication
Tag Monaco
Maurice Lacroix Reserve De Marche

Just a list I found from another forum of solid watches under $3k you may want to check out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts