Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup yo,

I often find that there are times that I don't wear my automatic watches for a while and they go dead. I am finding it annoying to have to re-wind them frequently. Can someone point me in the direction of an individual watch winder, don't know where to begin?

:D

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i never knew how many there where....

there are tons of options. do you want a box and winder, programable winder, multiple winder, what material?

·
7,022 Posts
Other things to consider: where will it be located. The cheaper ones tend to be noisy so if its gonna be on your night stand, ya might wanna go the Orbita, scatola, or wolf route. If its going in your closet, eilux makes a pretty decent/inexpensive winder.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have had a few winders and always come back to Orbita. You can't go wrong with that brand. Fit and finish is top notch. I've had them in my safe for years without needing to change the batteries. They also run extremely quietly and reliably. Keep in mind that if you want to keep you watch in the safe, make sure it has provisions for running on batteries alone.

Here's one of my Orbitas that I took pictures of recently:

http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/56855-my-pecanwood-orbita-winder.html

I've also had Scatolas, Underwoods, and Wolf Designs but I love the Orbita Sparta models the best. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Wolf is top notch. They are pretty quiet and look good also. They have a clasp latch, so no worries about a watch falling out either.

·
3,114 Posts
Try the Boxy (aka Brick) Winder that is sold on ebay by many people. They are individual ones that you can stack up to share with the same power cord. This way if one of the motors goes bad you can simply replace that one unit. I've had mine for 2 months now and so far so good.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

I am interested in the box and a winder for one watch as my collection isn't that deep yet :)

As far as the programmable I am not sure, doesn't really matter to me as long as the watch doesn't die how often it spins.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

I am interested in the box and a winder for one watch as my collection isn't that deep yet :)

As far as the programmable I am not sure, doesn't really matter to me as long as the watch doesn't die how often it spins.
I've purchased a few Orbitas through their outlet store online. You can get a nice wood case single Sparta winder for about $360. Here's the link:

Orbita - Outlet Store

1 - 11 of 11 Posts