Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a Steinhausen 2 watch winder. My "lighter" watch, a Cartier Roadster, winds and keeps accurate time with the Steinhausen. When I put my PAM in the same winder, it loses its power reserve. Is there something I could do to make this winder work?

If not, what's a relatively cheap winder that I could buy as a replacement? I think this winder was in the ~200 range, and I'd like to stay as close to that as possible. What do you guys use for your PAM's?

TIA

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Are you sure its an automatic, and not a manual wind mechanical?

Sorry for the dumb ass question, don't mean to insult, but I have a friend who didn't know the difference, and this made me think of that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am betting it is a manual. What movement does it have inside, well better question would be what model is it lol.

If the winder is moving while the watch is on there it is working unless your watch needs to move in a specific direction to wind and if that is the case you would need to fix the winder to rotate that direction and at that speed.

I have used cheap ebay models (here is a tip they go out quickly lol) to wind mine (no pam models other than one off the ferrari line) but works with the graham which is a big watch lol.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I have a Wolf and it works well on my Panerai. Make sure you know which way it's supposed to be wound. The Panerai 9000 movement is supposed to go both directions. All of my ETA or Valjoux movements go clockwise. Check your manual. You have left out several variables for us to tell you what to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a Steinhausen 2 watch winder. My "lighter" watch, a Cartier Roadster, winds and keeps accurate time with the Steinhausen. When I put my PAM in the same winder, it loses its power reserve. Is there something I could do to make this winder work?

If not, what's a relatively cheap winder that I could buy as a replacement? I think this winder was in the ~200 range, and I'd like to stay as close to that as possible. What do you guys use for your PAM's?

TIA
I would give Orbita a call....have had no problems with their offerings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts