Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new sonbol that i have been wearing out a lot on the weekends. I have taken very good care of it because i enjoy it but still notice a couple small scratches on the crystal.
What do you guys use to both clean the watch, crystal and case, and what about caring for small scratches. will they buff out? if so what should i use? obviously it's not a 5000 dollar watch so it isn't worth taking to have a 200 dollar overhaul

·
10,594 Posts
Crystal-I like toothpaste any flavor. Deeper I like Janvil

Polished Case-I like Cape Cod. Deeper I like Sunshine Cloth

Ti or brushed steel case-Ti refinishing pen

When it requires more pursuasion on either the crystal or polished case I use the above suggestions with a Dremel.

Grinding Light Close-up Metal Steel

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Cape cod cloth will be your best friend.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Cape Code can be re-used many many times but a Sunshine cloth goes deeper without the oily residue :)
By going deeper does it leave a possibility for hairline scratches? I'm picturing detailing clay for a car, well the principal.

·
10,594 Posts
By going deeper does it leave a possibility for hairline scratches? I'm picturing detailing clay for a car, well the principal.
Cape Code can be re-used many many times but a Sunshine cloth goes deeper without the oily residue.

Yes, both are for hairlines. It just takes out slightly deeper hairlines better than the Cod. For anything other than hairlines you would be sitting their all day with either cloth unless you strapped the cloth to a padded Dremel tip. Clay would never work.

Knowing us this guy has a pvd case :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have a great deal of experience with painting cars, so the idea of removing scratches from something isnt completely foreign to me i just wanna make sure im using the appropriate materials.
I just looked up that janvil stuff that was suggested. Is it an chemical or an abrasive polish?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW i do have a PVD lum-tec but that wasnt what the thread was about. haha

·
10,594 Posts
Thanks guys. I have a great deal of experience with painting cars, so the idea of removing scratches from something isnt completely foreign to me i just wanna make sure im using the appropriate materials.
I just looked up that janvil stuff that was suggested. Is it an chemical or an abrasive polish?
I have a bottle of Scratch Remover and Renew. I pretty sure its abrasive but not for sure. If the scratches aren't too deep toothpaste on a cloth or paper towel works best.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much guys, my girlfriend is laughing at me with toothpaste on my watch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts