Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Like the title says, if you hate drifting, odds are that you will think it's much cooler now.

This is a '78 Camaro ('facelifted') to look like a '70... with an LS3 motor!

These are my favorite clips... Enjoy! :beer:

#1 (3:16)...

#2 (00:18)...

#3 (00:41)...

I know there are some late model V8 drift cars like the GTO and new Mustang, but this is the first "real muscle car" I've seen drifting?

Does anyone know of other old school drift cars? Post them up!

-Eric

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
bad ass!!!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
team falken tires had a 69 camaro with a 454 back in 2003-2005

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
does nothing towards me not thinking its a silly sport..

and back in the day im sure they did this, it just was not a sport or anything someone bragged about...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Regarless of how you see it if you like it or not... it takes a lot of skill to have that kind of control over the car like that. I might not be the fastest way around the track but to have absolute control of the car like that it's impressive no matter how you look at it.

Plus... doing it in American Iron looks SO much cooler. :) at least in my eyes.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Typically, those who hate drifting haven't done it before. I am not a fan of it from a competative standpoint but for just freestyle, I loved it! Going in parking lots late at night and going to the mountains, scary sh*t but fun as fvck! sadly, it's no more for me though. I know many who hate it as a motorsport but love it as a hobby/activity to do in their cars.

·
Registered
202 Posts
does nothing towards me not thinking its a silly sport..

and back in the day im sure they did this, it just was not a sport or anything someone bragged about...
Nothin silly about doin 100 mph then flicking the car into a controlled slide(drift) and trying to keep as much speed as possible through a few transitions!!! I have to say it's a lot more difficult then driving in a circle just trying to pass people!;)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Katsuhiro Ueo back in 2003 onboard

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Older than a 78…74 was the last year with flat rear glass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts