Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to build a display case for the growing collection, after seeing posts on WUS of JasonH's case....yea it was the bug I needed.

I mean c'mon! That is just epic!!

So this is what I've come up with;

Going to do a wood base/top/back, mounted flush in the top will be LED (Gotta save the trees! plus LED is super cool to the touch) puck lights. I want to do the sides/front in frame-less glass but still not 100% certain on how the eff that will work :laugh:

My problem is how do I mount shelves? I will be using glass shelves so the light can penetrate all the layers. If I use wood sides I can use a peg system common to all storage cabinets but I feel glass sides will give it that..how do I say it...pizzazz I'm going for?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe 18"H x 24"W x 8"D, I might have scored a few winders and debating adding those to the bottom row, so the dimensions aren't set in stone yet.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
You should look up on Craigslist. or make friends with some one at the outlet malls.

I used to have a bad ass oakley display case that i got for free for doing some POS work fo them.

Another way is check out stores that are closing in the area, and you can normally buy the display cases. I always buy the computers, and other stuff

·
Registered
557 Posts
As cool as that is, those are a bunch of digital and quartz watches, do you not own any automatic watches? Shit, for the amount of moeny that guy has spent on digital watches, he could actually buy some good pieces.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As cool as that is, those are a bunch of digital and quartz watches, do you not own any automatic watches? Shit, for the amount of moeny that guy has spent on digital watches, he could actually buy some good pieces.

Good is in the eye of the beholder. Yes I own automatics, why does that even matter? Did you know there are two G-Shocks in there that if sold will buy a PAM Logo? Clearly the money is there and people are willing to pay for that, is that not the definition of a good piece?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good is in the eye of the beholder. Yes I own automatics, why does that even matter? Did you know there are two G-Shocks in there that if sold will buy a PAM Logo? Clearly the money is there and people are willing to pay for that, is that not the definition of a good piece?
No offence, and some of those G Shocks and what not are pretty cool, but let's be honest, to me a "good piece" would probably be something more amongst the lines of PAM, Rolex, IWC, JLC (some of the more affordable manufacturers) that are built mostly by hand in limited runs. But like you said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to each their own.

·
10,594 Posts
Nice cabinet and a good project. I have a couple of G's and they are "good" for beating the holy bejeezuss out of them and that is what I bought them for so they are "good" for certain situations and am quite happy with them.

What i think you meant to say is that they are not luxury or fine timepieces regardless of what someone is willing to pay for it. A plastic battery operated watch that sells for $99 and cost only a couple of dollars to make will never be considered a luxury watch or fine timepiece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts