Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking to learn how to make carbon fiber stuff, or even wants to skin small parts or do repairs...take a look at our new carbon fiber starter kit:

Carbon Fiber Starter Kit | Carbon Fiber Gear

Comes with the following stuff:

• 1 piece of REAL 3k 2x2 twill carbon fiber fabric 24" x 50"
  • 6.67 oz of epoxy resin
  • 3.33 oz of epoxy hardener
  • Mold Release Wax
  • 2 tongue depressors for stirring
  • 1 brush for applying epoxy
  • 1 squeegee to ensure proper wetout
  • 1 measuring cup
  • 1 pair of gloves
  • Short instruction manual that covers the basics of carbon fiber layup and repair

The kits are $99.99, which includes free shipping. Note that these can only be shipped to the Continental US because of the hazmat issues (can't ship air).

·
Registered
59 Posts
How difficult is it to do? Ive wanted to do my rear diffuser and side vents, but afraid of F'ing it up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This looks like it has potential for some of the small interior parts. Can I use this kit to both skin parts as well as make molds (of non structural parts) and completely recreate the part out of CF?

Thanks, will be buying a kit regardless as I need it for both uses.

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This looks like it has potential for some of the small interior parts. Can I use this kit to both skin parts as well as make molds (of non structural parts) and completely recreate the part out of CF?

Thanks, will be buying a kit regardless as I need it for both uses.

Cheers,
George
The kit can't be used to make molds, but is more meant to skin parts. We don't sell it, but there are mold making kits out there that you could use if you're looking to make a carbon fiber part from scratch as opposed to skinning a pre-existing one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts