Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear L4P members,

I recently had a strut brace developed for my C204 250cgi and a friend’s W204 350cdi.
The strut brace is developed by KCPerformance and Wiechers-sport (has been producing strut braces and roll cages for race- and rally cars since 1969)

They developed and produced 2 versions. A standard version and a Racing-line. They will fit on all engines and 204 chassis. In the pictures you can see them mounted on a pre-facelift W204 350cdi and on my facelift C204 250cgi. I advise buyers to get the Racing-line for every 204 with a V6 or bigger, because of better fitment. Cars with sensors for the shock absorbers on top of the struts, will need to cut a small line in the bracket for the sensor in order to remount the bracket.

For the people who don't know what a strut brace does, a strut brace provides extra stiffness between the strut towers. This gives the car better handling.

To get the production going for the group buy, we need an order of minimum 10 braces per version.

• Standard
    Price: $228,72 without shipping
    Pictures:

• Racing-line
    Price: $242,22 without shipping
    Pictures:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can enter the group buy by putting your name in the list:

Standard:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Racing-line:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A strut brace isn't used to hold the engine inside the engine compartement... It's used to reduse the flex between the separate MacPherson suspension struts. This ensures a sturdier car when steering in a corner wich gives you better grip and confidence in your car. So it gives you allround better handling.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If you don't have confidence in the car you drive, you shouldn't be driving at all.
Are you serious? If you don't like the product or that he's not a sponsor promoting a particular product just say so, but don't subversively hate on the guy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@AUGUST: I don`t think you understand. I have full control of my car when I am racing on a trackday and I can push it to it`s limit. If I go over that limit, it will skid and the car is slower around the track. With a strut bar you have better handling and cornering speed. Which extends the limit. You feel you can push your car harder in corners without skidding and this gives you more confidence in your car and setting a better lap time. The fact that you think that the strut bar is useless and that it is used to keep the engine in the bay tells me that you don`t really know what you are talking about. I hope this clarifies the purpose of a strut bar.

@adanmtxt1: You are right that I`m not a sponsor. I am not a vendor, company, store, tuner,... But I am doing this group buy on my own in my spare time. KCPerformance and Wiechers-sport made 2 braces for my friend and me. I asked if they could make more. They said that I needed an order for 10 pieces to get more produced and to get a lower price then the price I paid for the 2. KCPerformance just gave made me the pictures. This is a one time thing that I am doing for the W204 drivers and I am putting in my private time without the idea of making profit because I thought that people would like it because the only strut bar out there is the Renntech one. The Renntech version is a really beautifull piece!!! But a bit expensive to my taste. That`s why i thought that people would be interested :) Not hating on renntech btw! And thank you for trying to calm down AUGUST.

Reactions: slik560

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you doubt the need for a good strut brace, take a look under the front hood of most any Porsche racer. If they made one for the R107, I'd have it without question. There is flex up there, believe it or not, and the bar will help. This is not a cosmetic product.

I do love the comment about the engine not going anywhere :) Strut brace as a hold-down? Funny. Send that man a shop manual. ;)

Reactions: 190Benz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts