Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup players, i'm thinking of getting a Volks R32 MK5. It would be a great addition to my small car collection. Do any of you L4Pers' have one? It is worth it? I like this car because of its looks, sound and practicality. Plus, it's 4 wheel drive, so no getting stuck in the snow (where I live). Pictures, opinions, testimonials, comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Here's a few pics i dug out.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
my neighbor's kid has one....I absolutely love that car...only thing is I feel too big for those seats...but most dont have that problem....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have a mk6 gti. They are great cars. Drive an r32 or just gti and you will be impressed

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've driven the gti mk6. Great car. Excellent build quality and very fun to drive. I have the S4 for my speed cravings so power isn't a concern in my case. How's the car reliability wise? Any major problems so far??

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own a Mk4 R32 and the engine, sound and practecality as you said your self, makes it a great daily driver.
It's nothing like an GTI!! The four wheel system and a non turbo engine makes it a diffrent car to drive.
DSG is a good gearbox but this car deserves to be driven with a manuel gearbox.
Get the R32 and you will not be dissapointed!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I had one for about a year. Fun car. The stock Nav stunk, I replaced it with RNS-510. I wasn't too crazy about the DSG trans. If you find #2626 DBP send me a PM.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great car. Go to HPA and get some serious power. I bought a MKIV R32 with 500hp 9 months ago and it is the car that I enjoy the most. It is done by Rothe Motorsport and is totally reliable and had no issues at all. Sound is amazing. I will post some vids soon

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Follow up : I test drove one two weeks ago and wasn't fond of the performance considering the high price of the car. It sounds great and is very fun to drive, but it's not what I was hoping for. Plus, during winter I carry skis in the car and space would be an issue. I'm thinking about an STI now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would search for a 2004 R32. That is what I have. I absolutely love it.. Personally I think it is a better buy than a new R. Here is mine.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I have a GTI and my friend has an R32... Straight line racing, i would go with the GTI... on the curves the R32 owns

1 - 20 of 50 Posts