Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VR6 4motion

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been checking out upgrades for the vw cc and all I can find is stuff for the 2.0T engine. I love that engine and the software and intercoolet upgrades, etc make some descent power! But I've also been checking out the VR6 4motion model and I really like the idea of awd albeit @ a higher price. So does anyone know if there r any companies out there doin VR6 upgrades in any way shape or form or do you folks think the 2.0T is the way to go?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
2.0 is awesome... until it starts acting up... which it will do eventually

·
Registered
3,754 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah and then it costs an arm and 2 legs. Lol. Because of the high cost of repair, would anyone discourage a VW/Audi for a first car out of college. Bear in mind student loans, and a CPA position (as far a salary). I know they cost enough to fix but is it horrible or bearable?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep em coming! I know we got Dub fans out there! (p.s. VW and Audi share some of the same engines, so fans of the 4 rings can give input too!!)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
check into HPA..I think they have twin turbo kits for the vr6 awd....I could be wrong though

edit:
nope....nothing for the 3.6...only the 3.2 engines

·
Registered
390 Posts
As with any other motor a well maintained engine will last forever. If you don't like maintenance pick another brand.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda funny. So I looked up the Revo software for the VR6 and you get a measly 15 hp and 15tq bump (puts you @ 295) and their 2.0T software puts you to 250hp and 290tq. Apr only has 2.0T software and bumps to about the same. Thoughts on the companies?

·
Registered
549 Posts
ive got an 09' VR6 FWD and i love it. it came with a few features that arent available on the 2.0. but the main reason i got the VR6 was because at the time VW was offering a 10k rebate on the VR6 models and only 2k on the 2.0. so it was actually cheaper for me to get the VR6.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Try VF-Engineering, if you can speak to Nik Saran (owner) he might be able to give you some info on what can be done. Software on a NA car never really gets you much, you would need to switch out cams, intake exhaust to see any noticable gains. If you want power go 2.0 if you want the great sound go VR6!

·
Registered
788 Posts
295 is nothing to sneeze at. were you expecting a 100hp bump on a NA motor for 495$? I would lurk around VWVortex.com forums for better modding info. I love the 3.6CC but as a tuner car probably not. I think it is too posh of a car for a tuned 2.0T I would feel kind of silly. I DD a 2008 R32 and the 2 FI solutions (C2 Motorsports and HPA) both seem way too high cost for what the car is. When I want to go fast I have a Gallardo thankfully I did HPAs DSG stage II reflash and that made the car ALOT more fun to drive look into that instead maybe. Good luck!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
295 is nothing to sneeze at. were you expecting a 100hp bump on a NA motor for 495$? I would lurk around VWVortex.com forums for better modding info. I love the 3.6CC but as a tuner car probably not. I think it is too posh of a car for a tuned 2.0T I would feel kind of silly. I DD a 2008 R32 and the 2 FI solutions (C2 Motorsports and HPA) both seem way too high cost for what the car is. When I want to go fast I have a Gallardo thankfully I did HPAs DSG stage II reflash and that made the car ALOT more fun to drive look into that instead maybe. Good luck!
My apologies, 300hp is fantastic, and quite a bit in a fwd car. But with the turbo model, the mods can put it right up to around 300 fairly easily.

I kind of agree on the 2.0 for the car. I like the cheap tunability of that engine, but the vr6 4motion would be awesome, especially with a turbo or sc(were they available). Anyhow, thanks for the advice!

Reactions: CCshack03

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On this same note, anybody on here have an idea of (roughly) what doing a turbo setup (including supporting mods; internals, exhaust, etc) for something in the neighborhood of 400hp on the vr6? Basically just asking for an idea of a basic "bolt on" turbo setup on the vr6.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Because of the high cost of repair, would anyone discourage a VW/Audi for a first car out of college.
Yes, don't make the same mistake I made. Graduate of 1994 bought a 1995 Jetta VR6. What a nightmare. It's just the cost of repair but the frequency of repair. For the first 2 years it was under warranty but hey it's still no fun being on a first name basis with your service advisor. Everything with VW is a fight to get covered by warranty, they do not want to pay for anything. Then in a few years you are stuck with a car that you are still paying on, is out of warranty and is a complete headache.

Save yourself some the pain and get something japanese for your first car.

But nobody listens to me anyway, so when you buy the CC look at the chips from GIAC. http://www.giacusa.com/software.php?make=vw

Turbos will ALWAYS give you the best bang for your buck when tuning.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If your going to try and piece a kit together your going to spend a lot of $$$$ to get to run right, your better off contacting a company who is making a 3.2 kit and seeing if they could alter one. Vf uses GIAC for tuning, streetwerkes uses APR and HPA's kit is from a company called HGP groom Germany I would start here.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
As with any other motor a well maintained engine will last forever. If you don't like maintenance pick another brand.
....walk...?:whistle:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kinda funny. So I looked up the Revo software for the VR6 and you get a measly 15 hp and 15tq bump (puts you @ 295) and their 2.0T software puts you to 250hp and 290tq. Apr only has 2.0T software and bumps to about the same. Thoughts on the companies?
295hp is a respectable amount of power. How much were you expecting with just software?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts