Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend saw the return of VMax - Index and Auto Vivendi - Supercar Club - London flagship event "HyperMax"

The rules are simple..set your sights to try and topple the current Vmax record (which currently stands at 229mph) over a 2 mile straight. All speeds are recorded with laser speed traps.
As this was their flagship event, some of the rarest most powerful supercars were in attendance.

Koenigsegg CCX
McLaren P1
McLaren F1 GTR
RUF CTR3
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari F12
Ferrari Enzo
Lamborghini Aventador

and a host of various Porsche, including the 9e GT2 (tuned in the UK by 9excellence)

here are some of the shots.. I will be uploading a lot more in the next few days

The race is on....

and the overall winner of the day was......

Koenigsegg CCX = 211mph
Porsche 9e GT2 = 210mph
McLaren P1 = 209mph
RUF CTR3 = 207mph
Audi R8 TT = 205mph
Aventador = 204mph
Ferrari F12 = 202mph
Ferrari Enzo = 201mph

Stay tuned to VMax - Index and Auto Vivendi - Supercar Club - London for more events throughout 2014

·
Registered
861 Posts
So, the Speciale and the CGT did not hit 200mph?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Strange that a 900 hp P1 gets beaten by a 800 hp CCX? They weigh about the same as well.. The CCX has about 600 hp / tonne and then imagine the One:1..

·
Registered
861 Posts
How many Koenigsegg ONEs will be made?

·
Registered
469 Posts
By any chance, do you know what car hit the 229 mph mark?
Must be something crazy after seeing what the rest could manage.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Supposedly, the CCX hit 255,3 mph!!!!! Completley nuts
E-mail from head of sales at Koenigsegg to Oliver Webb, driver of the CCX at VMax.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Six Koenigsegg Ones?
ONLY 1 to the US? Who is getting it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Six Koenigsegg Ones?
ONLY 1 to the US? Who is getting it?
Its the new dealer, Manhattan Motors, who has ordered it. Dont know if they have a final client yet.. Ask them if your interested? Rumours has it that its going to built with US homologation and not just under the show and display rules..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Originally, 1 car to UK, 1 to Germany and 4 to China, 0 to the U.S. Manhattan Motorcars and Koenigsegg did a deal with one of the One:1 customers and 1 is now going to the U.S. I don't think an owner of the car has been found yet, but as i understood, it's not for sale to just anyone really, but they're looking for a "suitable" customer.

The U.K car is still going to the U.K, and the guy who I think is the customer for the german car is a racing driver and already has a CCR, and a CCXR in his collection, so I would doubt he would give up his order. So the U.S One:1 was probally one of the chinese orders.

The UK owner is also a racing driver, and the German owner is notorious for driving the crap out of his cars, so at least 2 of them are going to be used what they were built for! :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
So, the Speciale and the CGT did not hit 200mph?
The speciale after 180mph the accelration is so slow so i don't think it will hit 200mph in 2 miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts