Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any cool stuff, i have some harmon stuff, yamaha, bose, marantz, and sansui. i am still on the hunt for a DEAL on a scott or a mcintosh. HAHAHA

·
Registered
448 Posts
define vintage. i have a pair of klipsch chorus from 89 plugged into a marantz 2220. i think the marantz is from the mid 80's. i also just bought a denon 4400A for five bucks at a thrift store. see if that works today

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Marantz has moved into making high-end projectors now.. Thats what our theatre room has in it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Marantz has moved into making high-end projectors now.. Thats what our theatre room has in it.
I remember hearing that and thinking it wa a bit of an odd transition, strictly audio to strictly visual. Do we know if it is the same company entirely or just a buy out and name usage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a few ''vintage'' stereo,
Danish radio tube amp and vinyl player from the 60's
Soundesign radio/vinyl/8track from the 70's
and Technics radio/vinyl/cassette from the 80's

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I have a jcpenny 8track/cassette player...

i have a very old technics turn table.

a very old reel to reel

not sure of the age, but it was my parents

I found that image on ebay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so here is my setup in my office, except for my record cabinet it is in the spare bedroom.

this was about a month ago. the dual speakers are in the kitchen mounted to the 10 foot ceiling. i live in a 100 year old house so ignore the rough bead board in my the kitchen. hahaha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
specs are now

pioneer ac-s31 speakers (as pictured below)

i have no $10,000 system but i am proud of what i pieced together. it is in my home office, it is located inside of a VENUS mid 60's danish cabinet with record holder and hidden bar behind the record holder (all james bond and shit). the amp is a marantz 1060 with woodcase, the tuner is a marantz 110, the record player is a sony ps-lx1, and the cd player is just a silver DVD player from wally world. the speakers in my office are restored sansui sp-1200 and in my kitchen i have new dual indoor outdoor speakers mounted on the ceiling, my ceiling is 10 feet so you dont see them, for $60 they sound great. they have a 6.5 driver and 2 1.5" mid and tweeter. this stereo is also wired through my home computer in my office so i can listen directly to itunes or pandora. i also have an ipod hookup for the stereo.

the record cabinet is great because it is sealed and i have a humidor rode in there to keep everything nice and crisp. i would say i have around 900 records and always adding.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are the new pioneer speakers

sansui sp-1200 got moved to the bedroom with a harmon-kardon reciever and yamaha cd player. ignore the lack of furntireu i am waiting for a new piece to come in.

in the living room

telefunken opus, complete with working rear surround sound speakers, and all the manuals and warranty paperwork... hahaha yes it works

in the spare bedroom and in the bathroom (not vintage but looks cool)

tivoli radio's

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice guys!
This makes me want to call up pops and see about pulling his gear from when he was in college out of storage and see it still works.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
added some new stuff! yes i know i am an addict

cerwin vega D-7s restored for my office

Sansui tuner and preamp for the bedroom

Harmon Kardon just picked up today, bedroom maybe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts