Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my 1982 500SL AMG I'm slowly restoring...anyone out there with classic AMG's?

Thanks
Damian

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice... Get one of the many l4p south florida photographers to do a shoot for your car.. Would love to see that beauty in detail!
Thanks...I just found one ^^^...Now after seeing his work my pics are crap lol. Will deff. get them done once it's 98%. Finding parts for these is like a needle in a hay stack...near impossible. No repro only OE.

Going to have to get a nice paint job on it...then some photos.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
B A D ~ A S S
i used to dream about that car when i was 6 or 7 . . .
saw it in a road and track or something

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
Nice ride man, I love the classics but my buddy does even more....he has 2 AMG 500SEC 6.0 Factory Widebody's and another one with out the Widebody. Post some more pics!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments. Here are a few more...with the documentation from AMG Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ride man, I love the classics but my buddy does even more....he has 2 AMG 500SEC 6.0 Factory Widebody's and another one with out the Widebody. Post some more pics!!
Sweet! Here is my 1991 560SEC AMG no WB 6.0 tho...I sold recently amongst others (2 Viper SRT/10, M3 etc.) due to the damn economy!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You got that right! I still find myself watching the episodes. Dang they had some rare expensive ones on there!

Thanks guys for appreciating my SL. I'm just glad it didn't end up in a wrecking yard or a rust bucket.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Nice ride man. A friends uncle has an AMG similar to the white one you sold. Not sure what model but the thing looks mean as Hell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amazing how far things went...from AMG to ////AMG. Now a Black Series is Jaw Dropping!

Back when AMG was a little shop...I'm sure it was even a 1 car garage before this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm adding these to my wish list as these were period pieces AMG used back in the day...if anyone comes across them. Recaro C's and AMG Tips or Full Muffler/Exhaust.
Now you may see why it's so hard to restore ...If I have any luck finding original parts chances are they are in Germany but the cost to ship is ridiculous....not to mention still needing to be restored.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I love the early AMG's . Nice whip u got there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts