Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could def get used to living here.

Villa Paya-Paya

This villa located in Seminyak, a bustling residential area in the heart of Bali, Indonesia. Standing on an approximatelly 750 sqm land, the site bordered on the North by 6 meter public road, and by a pangkung (dried, old river in Balinese) on the South. Client request to have a holiday home for the small family of 4, with a simple program: large living dining, large servant quarter, 1 master bedroom with huge bathroom and 2 smaller bedroom. They will only use this villa during the holiday season, while for the rest of the year, it will be rented out by the property agent to a group of wealthy tourists that are flocking to the recently-hip area.
Dezeen Blog Archive Villa Paya-Paya by Aboday architects

·
L4P Consigliere
1,829 Posts
Bali is a cool place. Great diving, nice people and interesting art.

If anyone is going the Four Seasons Sayan and Jimbaran Bay are excellent places to stay.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
recently-hip area
Maybe but it's just one of the most beautifu places on earth!
This thing looks stunning, I have never seen such a cool looking pool around the house, this is the detail I like most about it, but also the other parts look plain sick!

Any info how much this thing would cost for a week?
No I can't afford it, but it's intresting to know.^^

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Awesome site plan with alot going on. You really do not get the sense of scale until you see the 2 people in the second picture: this house is pretty big.

One question: does the hip-roof in the backyard really fit this style of home? I think they did a great job blending it into the project! You do not see a flat roofed home mixed with an angled roof too often!

·
Registered
1 Posts
this places seems good but evn you can try for villas in bali. They offer villas at a very reasonable rate and are located centrally.Surrounded by trees garden pool will surely rejuvenate you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One question: does the hip-roof in the backyard really fit this style of home? I think they did a great job blending it into the project! You do not see a flat roofed home mixed with an angled roof too often!
I think you have to look at the pavilion with the hip roof as an independent element, separate from the rest of the house, almost like an architectural folly which compliments the main house, yet speaks to more of a traditional topical design. So, in that sense, yes I feel it fits with the home.

·
Registered
469 Posts
wow, nice find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts