Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am on a quest to learn video/cinematography technics as well as post production.

i have seen if many videos where video has a bright flash that corresponds with the sound track used whether its to change a scene or not. Example:

how is this done in say iMovie or other software or what is this effect called?

·
Registered
604 Posts
In after effects you could just make a white layer with 50% opacity and then have it decrease to full transparency after one or two frames. I honestly thought the effect was very bad as in it doesnt well in this video.

If you want to learn some AWESOME things with after effects(not necessarily for post production), you should go here:
VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

Here is also another good resource location:
Aetuts+ | Adobe After Effects tutorials from beginner to advanced.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may not be good choice in the example, I just want to learn how it's done and if it's automatic sync with say bass in the song or if it's done by by hand to match the music

·
Registered
604 Posts
It may not be good choice in the example, I just want to learn how it's done and if it's automatic sync with say bass in the song or if it's done by by hand to match the music
I know it is possible to do it in after effects. If you were a pro with AE, you could probably whip this out quickly: VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

The tutorial is 27 minutes. On one hand it would probably be quicker to go by hand through the music but on the other hand, if you learned the technique, you can automate the process for later productions faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts