Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Cars and Coffee Dallas and saw this classic car get pulled over. It seems the cops were out of line in this case. The guy did not break the posted speed limit and one almost gets the sense that he was pulled over simply because he has a nicer car than the officer will ever own.

What have you all seen with the police at C&C in your towns? The police here sit like vultures near the exit and wait to pull people over. Is it like that everywhere?

It seems like engine revving on takeoff should be allowed without ruining a guy's morning by slapping him with a ticket, right?

BTW, which Cadillac model is this? (I'm sure one of you will know)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Josh
Is the red gtr in your avatar the red one done by jotech?
I think it was kenny I talked to a while back who drives the white one, but I remember there being a red one as well. I figured you live in the area so it isn't that much of a stretch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
one almost gets the sense that he was pulled over simply because he has a nicer car than the officer will ever own.
That is a pretty asinine statement. Your video shows NONE of what you described, other than a cop being in it. Furthermore, I know of many Police Officer's that own much nicer cars than that and even participate in events like Cars and Coffee.

·
Registered
146 Posts
After a C&C meet in Houston last year, my cousin and I pulled out of the parking lot and he decided to take-off like a bat outta hell. Well...I happen to have a very similar car to his, but I was stuck behind another car doing 40 mph. I see the cop that was directing traffic run to his car and turn on his lights so I bust out laughing knowing my cousin is about to get a ticket. As I switch lanes so the cop can fly by me he switches lanes also and stays on my @$$. I end up being pulled over and then handcuffed for "talking back to an officer" as I was trying to explain he had the wrong guy. After about 45 min. of b.s. all I got was a warning (for "speeding") and a pretty crappy weekend after that.

Cliffnotes: Cousin and I have similar cars. He hauls ass, I get pulled over and handcuffed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They don't even bother us here, ours is right outside of Downtown, so if we're not selling crack, they don't care.

BTW, the blue car = Bel Air I think also
The murdered out Caddy is a CTS coupe, probably a V = Daddy Likey

·
Registered
304 Posts
Some people just hate cops.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Josh
Is the red gtr in your avatar the red one done by jotech?
I think it was kenny I talked to a while back who drives the white one, but I remember there being a red one as well. I figured you live in the area so it isn't that much of a stretch.
The red Nissan GTR in my avatar is from Panama City, Panama. I don't think JoTech has any part in it, but you never know =) Here is a link to more pics of the Panama GTR:

Panama City, Panama - Exotic & Luxury Cars - Red Nissan GT-R - Exotic Car Videos & Luxury Car Videos

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
black caddy is a CTS-V Coupe

and where did anyone get pulled over, all i saw was a cop drive by with lights and siren
Right, the Bel Air fires up and leaves C&C and then the cop got on it and pulled him over way down the service road. You can see from the video that there weren't cars launching between the Bel Air and the CTS-V that would have been targeted. The cop was clearly going after the Bel-Air.

·
Registered
692 Posts
He pulled over the car just down the road (thought that was obvious) :whistle:
The video ends while the cop is still driving.....it's "obvious" the video doesn't show the car being pulled over!:whistle:

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
To answer your question about other town's C&C events and police.

In Minneapolis, the local PD is pretty damn chill. This year they started directing traffic out of the event.

In fact, I even saw one person comment that he was talking to an officer and asked him how he feels when people blast down the road. Apparently the cop told him that as long as they aren't sliding sideways most things will fly.

However, in Irvine, CA, there are signs posted at the exits mentioning a strict adherence to no exhibitionism. Often times there is an officer on the road the exit leads to. However, I've often seen people drive off at a moderate pace - moderate enough to hear some great exhaust notes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts