Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine and myself got a few pulls in with his E39 M5 for some fun. The results were expected, but the unfavorable power/ratio of the S5 lets the bimmer pull more and more as we climbed. Audi needs to strip some weight off badly :whistle:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah that audi is a heavy mofo... I couldn't hear the race cause I'm in class but the audi seemed to have a great jump then lose it

·
14,490 Posts
E39 M5 is one of the best BMWs ever made imo. How are you liking the S5?

·
Registered
934 Posts
SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
keep in mind, S5 has 60hp less bone stock ... and AWD does not help at highway speeds

drivetrain loss from AWD is around 25% compared to 15% in a RWD vehicle

Since I've owned a high hp Audi and an E39 M5 ... I can tell you, the E39 M5 is a wicked fast car for what it is. There's newer cars out there that are faster, but not many.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
E39 M5 is one of the best BMWs ever made imo. How are you liking the S5?
Agreed, a decade later and it's just as popular and powerful as quite a few performance cars today. For a daily driver, I love the car. The suspension is sporty/firm yet incredibly comfortable for long drives, and the power delivery is instantaneous. It gets quite a few looks from other drivers, and many can't get enough of the sound from the valves when they're open. All in all, it's a wonderful car, and getting back into it is just as fun and enjoyable as the last trip.

keep in mind, S5 has 60hp less bone stock ... and AWD does not help at highway speeds

drivetrain loss from AWD is around 25% compared to 15% in a RWD vehicle

Since I've owned a high hp Audi and an E39 M5 ... I can tell you, the E39 M5 is a wicked fast car for what it is. There's newer cars out there that are faster, but not many.
All very accurate. It definitely doesn't help the car at higher speeds.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The aging E39 M5 is still no joke.. those cars are so sweet! I remember pulling up to an AUDI dealer a few years ago in my E39 and all the sorry salesperson could talk about was how dated E39 M5's were.. needless to say they didn't earn my business.. I went thru 2 BMW's, MB, and 2 Infiniti's after that before buying my S4.. purchased a C6 vette as well so when I get the Jones for more power.. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts