Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about engine revving at car shows? Should it be allowed (and even encouraged) or frowned upon? I ask because I recently attended a car show where many people were enjoying the sounds of a high revving blue BMW M3 and one attendee threw a fit about the engine revving. I want to know the L4P community's take.

Luxury Car Videos

·
Registered
438 Posts
with a plate like that he should be allowed to
and a sound like that :)

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
I think there's a place and time for everything. As long as it doesn't bother any one who might be living near there or a large crowd of people who aren't there for the cars (like a mall), I'd say it's fine.

That M3 also sounds amazing - his plate is perfect for his car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there's a place and time for everything. As long as it doesn't bother any one who might be living near there or a large crowd of people who aren't there for the cars (like a mall), I'd say it's fine.

That M3 also sounds amazing - his plate is perfect for his car.
Yep, I think everyone within earshot was there for the car show. Heck, we were at a BMW dealership for Cars and Coffee. Maybe the one guy was jealous that his car doesn't sound as wonderful as this M3!!!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
depends on where and when it is... even laguna seca you cant have loud exhaust.. lol

our santana row meet almost got stopped because of that..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends on where and when it is... even laguna seca you cant have loud exhaust.. lol

our santana row meet almost got stopped because of that..
That makes sense... BTW, what is the Santana Row meet like (types of cars welcome, typical number of cars, ect)? I'm interested to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
That makes sense... BTW, what is the Santana Row meet like (types of cars welcome, typical number of cars, ect)? I'm interested to know. Thanks.
all kinds from exotic to hotrod.. come by anytime...

some cool guys go there, very welcoming of course there will be 1 or 2

that will be a snob or an ass....:laugh:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Damn that M3 sounds fking nice! I think him revving it is fine since someone did ask him to rev. it. A lot of times people with the same type of car do want to hear how an exhaust system sounds before purchasing (or before swapping out their current aftermarket system for a different one). As long as its not long and continuous revving where he's just trying to show off I think its fine.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I think so, I mean if you don't like revving and all that how can you call yourself a car enthusiast and why the hell are you at a car show anyway? IMO, but as the saying goes "Haters gonna hate"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts