Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a video of my buddy's 1969 Chevelle SS 396. The car was a frame off restoration and of course, the original paint color was retained.

It's azure turquoise with 3 coats of clearcoat and when I drive it to shows the thing turns lots of heads. Some people have commented that it's not a manly color, but the way I see it there are TONS of red and black Chevelles out there, so why not be different and rock a unique color?

What do you guys think? Also, what do you think of the restoration job that was done on it? Feedback is appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If this is a "sissy color" then what do "some people" say about Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca? "Some people" really don't have a true understanding of automotive history and how the colors of yesterday influence color development today. Your buddy's SS looks wonderful (minus the Foose wheels)…I'd be proud to own it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i'm not a fan of the white roof, but the body color is great. I give props to anyone who restores a car to its original color, even if it wasn't popular. There are some ugly colors out there, grantid. But restored cars in their original colors add flavor to the classic car shows.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Car looks great sans the wheels. Only Lamborghini comes out with non-traditional colors these days. That Chevelle wears that color well. Stands out more too!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The car looks perfectly acceptable as a cruiser to be driven and enjoyed. I am preferential to original colors when restorations are done; even if I don't particularly like the color. Am I correct in think this is a cruiser and not a Concours level restoration?

If it were it is about 100 points short.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sissy Color? LOL and these comments are hailed from who..?! I hate people that have such envy that they need ti find fault and say stupid sh!t.. Idiots.
The car looks right man.. Like it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If this is a "sissy color" then what do "some people" say about Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca? "Some people" really don't have a true understanding of automotive history and how the colors of yesterday influence color development today. Your buddy's SS looks wonderful (minus the Foose wheels)…I'd be proud to own it.
Yeah man, you make a good point... BTW, about the Foose wheels, the stock wheels are in the garage and can be put on to return the ride to full "classic" state =)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sissy Color? LOL and these comments are hailed from who..?! I hate people that have such envy that they need ti find fault and say stupid sh!t.. Idiots.
The car looks right man.. Like it.
Thanks for the props. The comment came from some folks who saw it at a car show... Haters will hate I suppose.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car looks perfectly acceptable as a cruiser to be driven and enjoyed. I am preferential to original colors when restorations are done; even if I don't particularly like the color. Am I correct in think this is a cruiser and not a Concours level restoration?

If it were it is about 100 points short.
Yeah, you are right that the goal is not a Concours level restoration... It's driven quite often (not at all a trailer queen) and the goal is a sweet classic ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts