Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent weekend down in LA... Stayed at the Viceroy in Santa Monica, one of my favorite places in LA. The hotel has a great vibe, cool design, plus a killer pool, bar, and restaurant. And they are dog friendly!

Santa Monica Luxury Hotel: Viceroy Santa Monica Beach Hotel in California

Pulling up in my Hertz PRIUS (had to try it at least once so that now I can speak authoritatively)... strangely enough, it gets respect in LA, prob b/c a number of celebs have them. Overall, 45+ mpg is nice, but not really impressed otherwise.

MissiG taking Miles for a #1... w/ someone valet parking their surfboard.

The valet...

The lobby...

The bar and restaurant...

The room...

The hotel mascot, just like Miles!!!

Complete w/ iPod dock (blasting the new Estelle)...

The scene down at the pool...

Checking in on the crew...

Room the next morning...

Later that day...

Miles after his bath!

Down the the poolside for a drink w. MissiG before dinner out w/ friends...

Miles, looking down at us giving us a major guilt trip! (bad zoom, but you get the point)...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great spot. Love that they're pet friendly. This was the view from my room last time. Top floor baby. :p
Nice shot of the valet area! :) Cool view on the ocean side (we were on the city view side)... in your 2nd pic you can see the Shutters Hotel out in front, right on the sand. We've stayed there before, a very different feel, more family orientated, somewhat like an old beach club. Very high quality, more refined, but not as fun (and not pet friendly).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your posts! Beautiful place.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
I always love your posts man. Such classy places and cool pics. I still say that your euro trip thread is one of my favs of all time!!!

What did you do in SM beside this hotel?

·
Lord of War
11,101 Posts
Never stayed there before but I have walked by it many times from 3rd st. back to my hotel (Sheraton Delfina). I love that area.
Did you eat dinner at any place special?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never stayed there before but I have walked by it many times from 3rd st. back to my hotel (Sheraton Delfina). I love that area.
Did you eat dinner at any place special?
Sat night we ate at Rustic Canyon Winebar & Restaurant on Wilshire...

http://www.rusticcanyonwinebar.com/

And Sunday night we ate at Joe's Restaurant on Abbot Kinney...

JOE'S RESTAURANT

I really liked the food and vibe at Rustic Canyon... Joe's came highly recommended, was very good but not blown away (prob b/c has been hyped so much).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts