Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The guys in the Avalanche stole our idea and put horns on theirs about 1/4 of the way in to Texas if I remember correctly. They were being sold in a can at a gas station was the story I heard.

The Freightliner Sport Chasis that had the Playboy logos all of it was what I was talking about. It was the owner of Silver Star clothing (they do MMA/Skate/extreme sport type clothing), his wife (a former Playboy model) and Dennis was with them most of the time.
Got ya. Wish I had some pics of your ride... I do however have pics that I took of the Freightliner and the Avalanche. (Here they are for you guys to see)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
It was awesome to see two Veyron's out on the road being driven.. we pulled over after seeing that group on the side of the road with the rolloffs... apparently 100 mph over the speed limit - 75 mph means arrest and car impound in Arizona. The gold Veyron was clocked at 187, hard on the brakes. All the cars running with him got ticketed at the 187... the pack we were running with were doing 165ish right before that. My best speed was north of 200 somewhere between Santa Monica and Miami...
"on a private closed course by a professional driver"

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It was awesome to see two Veyron's out on the road being driven.. we pulled over after seeing that group on the side of the road with the rolloffs... apparently 100 mph over the speed limit - 75 mph means arrest and car impound in Arizona. The gold Veyron was clocked at 187, hard on the brakes. All the cars running with him got ticketed at the 187... the pack we were running with were doing 165ish right before that. My best speed was north of 200 somewhere between Santa Monica and Miami...
"on a private closed course by a professional driver"
Oh man, that's a heck of a story... How did those guys get out of jail so quickly?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Damn! That Gumball rally sounds like it was fun especially with all of the craziness that went on. What happened to the confiscated Veyrons?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn! That Gumball rally sounds like it was fun especially with all of the craziness that went on. What happened to the confiscated Veyrons?
I'm pretty sure they were simply impounded. Then returned to the owner at a reasonable (?) price.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm pretty sure they were simply impounded. Then returned to the owner at a reasonable (?) price.
Probably so... Apparently, if one goes 170+ and gets caught, he can be out of the lockup in mere hours and back on the road. Who knew?

I wonder if they had to go back to New Mexico to face the charges later.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts