Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Yes, there were actually 2 there. This one and also one in a gold wrap.
yup, and one of them even got impounded and the drive arrested (along with two Porsches ). Official speed was 185 I believe. The amazing thing was a hundred yards or so in front of where they were pulled over there was a line probably 20 cars long with all the drivers and co-drivers out trying to figure out how to keep these guys from ending up in jail or their cars impounded...until the police threatened to arrest us all essentially and sent us on our way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The owner of this black bugatti has more videos of himself during the rally if you care to see. Here's his youtube account

YouTube - ladmadrad's Channel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And thank you for the vid Josh.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, and one of them even got impounded and the drive arrested (along with two Porsches ). Official speed was 185 I believe. The amazing thing was a hundred yards or so in front of where they were pulled over there was a line probably 20 cars long with all the drivers and co-drivers out trying to figure out how to keep these guys from ending up in jail or their cars impounded...until the police threatened to arrest us all essentially and sent us on our way.
Crazy story. That must have been quite a scene. :)

Also, the Gold Veyron arrived late (really late) because of that whole "situation". However, it's my understanding that the Gold Veyron's driver was freed after a few hours and that's when he zoomed on in to Dallas.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Crazy story. That must have been quite a scene. :)

Also, the Gold Veyron arrived late (really late) because of that whole "situation". However, it's my understanding that the Gold Veyron's driver was freed after a few hours and that's when he zoomed on in to Dallas.
Yeah, they were all out relatively quickly.

Mine was the blacked out SUV with the horns on it (Infiniti QX56). We were one of a couple teams that WASN'T pissing blood by the end.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, they were all out relatively quickly.

Mine was the blacked out SUV with the horns on it (Infiniti QX56). We were one of a couple teams that WASN'T pissing blood by the end.
LOL, sounds as if you guys found a way to do all that driving and still get some nutrition. My hat's off to you!...

How many co-driver's did you have? Wondering if any of the SUV guys had an extra driver or 2 =)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
LOL, sounds as if you guys found a way to do all that driving and still get some nutrition. My hat's off to you!...

How many co-driver's did you have? Wondering if any of the SUV guys had an extra driver or 2 =)
Nah.. We had one friend ride out with us to help with the drive to LA. He took off from Vegas.

We went for comfort and it was a wise decision. Sure, we couldn't do 200mph, but most people didn't do that anyway. Avg speed was probably 80ish, and we kept up with the packs we were in.

Went spent a day or so just cruising easy with Rodman and the the owner of Silver Star Clothing. We were taking it easy and their truck was so huge, it couldn't really go fast, so it worked out, haha. We both had train horns as well, so there was lots of honking at random slow people.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
Nah.. We had one friend ride out with us to help with the drive to LA. He took off from Vegas.

We went for comfort and it was a wise decision. Sure, we couldn't do 200mph, but most people didn't do that anyway. Avg speed was probably 80ish, and we kept up with the packs we were in.

Went spent a day or so just cruising easy with Rodman and the the owner of Silver Star Clothing. We were taking it easy and their truck was so huge, it couldn't really go fast, so it worked out, haha. We both had train horns as well, so there was lots of honking at random slow people.
were you on the 08 or 09 gumball. I remember seeing that car but I don't remember if I saw it in person are on the web. I was at the Fairmont for the 08

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Very cool setup you folks had and a good idea to keep the speeds resonable... I think I recall seeing an Avalanche with cow horns on it, btw.

A super cool (and unexpected) vehicle was the huge truck with the all-over print Playboy logos. Maybe that's the one you're talking about that was so big it couldn't go fast, lol.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Very cool setup you folks had and a good idea to keep the speeds resonable... I think I recall seeing an Avalanche with cow horns on it, btw.

A super cool (and unexpected) vehicle was the huge truck with the all-over print Playboy logos. Maybe that's the one you're talking about that was so big it couldn't go fast, lol.
The guys in the Avalanche stole our idea and put horns on theirs about 1/4 of the way in to Texas if I remember correctly. They were being sold in a can at a gas station was the story I heard.

The Freightliner Sport Chasis that had the Playboy logos all of it was what I was talking about. It was the owner of Silver Star clothing (they do MMA/Skate/extreme sport type clothing), his wife (a former Playboy model) and Dennis was with them most of the time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts