Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think we all saw the Agera S vs Veyron video, seems like the Veyron driver is returning.. with his SS.. :) :)

Gustav posted this on facebook

"Ready for next GTBoard.com Hypercar event?"

veyron ss.jpg

"Do you own a fast car in Europe? Email me if you want to compare your car vs the most exclusive and fastest cars ever produced in the world. For free. [email protected]"

Alll i can say is, cant wait!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You have to respect that the guy lives out of these races, the more views on his youtube the more he gets paid. And the chance of him organizing tests like this is more likely to happened if he makes good money out of doing so. I assume it will get hyped up pretty good aswell due to hat this is his job, but personally, I don't care the slightest. I'm just happy someone is able to organize such tests and put up for us to view.

He invested alot of money in getting the Veyron to Sweden (transportation, protective wrap for the car, 5 star hotel for the driver and his assistant, flight tickets, insurance etc) so its only reasonable that he would like to get the most out of his investment.

And as an answer to the previous question, sure looks like a WRE, notice the orange splitter :)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
You have to respect that the guy lives out of these races, the more views on his youtube the more he gets paid. And the chance of him organizing tests like this is more likely to happened if he makes good money out of doing so. I assume it will get hyped up pretty good aswell due to hat this is his job, but personally, I don't care the slightest. I'm just happy someone is able to organize such tests and put up for us to view.

He invested alot of money in getting the Veyron to Sweden (transportation, protective wrap for the car, 5 star hotel for the driver and his assistant, flight tickets, insurance etc) so its only reasonable that he would like to get the most out of his investment.

And as an answer to the previous question, sure looks like a WRE, notice the orange splitter :)
So the Veyron owner is depending on the YouTube money?

The guy with the car that's worth millions?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No the guy who arranged, filmed, edited and uploaded the Agera S/Veyron race. He does pretty good money out of it though, he owns a 997 Turbo. The Veyron owner is a french businessman, don't know what businesses he has/works with though.

·
5,744 Posts
I have a little experience in filming motorsport events, and if you want the most views, hype is all great and fine. However, if you drag out that hype over an extended period, it becomes detrimental. In my opinion, 2+ weeks of hype on the last video was far to long, and like I said in the last thread about it, by the time the video was released, everyone already knew the outcome, the video just visually illustrated what everyone already knew.

Hype it for a few days, let the teaser video make the rounds, try and get it on the major blog sites, then ride that high and release the main video. That's how you'll make the most money on your views.

-Markus-

Reactions: Davvemannen

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
No the guy who arranged, filmed, edited and uploaded the Agera S/Veyron race. He does pretty good money out of it though, he owns a 997 Turbo. The Veyron owner is a french businessman, don't know what businesses he has/works with though.
Ahh!

Ok got ya, yeah I could see that

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gustav also owns a regular Agera. He definitely has a well paying job besides his youtube channel.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is he the Agera owner who threw he carbon wheels up to show that they are light? IIRC he was a software guy.
Actually I was wrong, in the video description he said he doesn't own one and that it was just a joke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts