Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miss Oahu. So I am online booking my arrangements now! I have a friend with a house a block from the beach on the North Shore with a 2 bedroom attached condo. It is a sick ass house and all the neighbors are super cool. She has everything I need there to enjoy my trip. Surfboards, snorkeling equipment, scuba, bikes, skateboards, boogie boards. Sunset beach is a quarter mile bike ride but I have 3 Tables Beach and Shark Cove right in front of me! I saw he went to Hanauma Bay too. When I first went there I said Damn! This place is a tourist trap. But I swear when you get in the warm waters of that protected cove you enter into your own world. I snorkeled for like 6 hours! Damn I love Oahu! Haleiwa FTW!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
spend some time on maui if you have time its whale season and you can see the humpback if you go to Kihei on Maui play at sunrise its awesome oh yeah and sunrise on Haleakala is AMAZING these are some of my pics from Hawaii

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing pics guys. I really can't wait to go back. Evertime I go though, I never want to come home :(

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I go back I'm staying at the same hotel as last time. I don't like the Waikiki area of Oahu.
Is that Turtle Bay?? I never stay in Waikiki. I rent a condo on the North Shore right across the street from 3 Tables Beach. It is pure Heaven! I do however want to stay at Turtle Bay Resort as I have heard so many good things about it. As long as it is not too far from Haleiwa! That is my watering hole! :whistle::whistle:

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I go back I'm staying at the same hotel as last time. I don't like the Waikiki area of Oahu.
Is that Turtle Bay?? I never stay in Waikiki. I rent a condo on the North Shore right across the street from 3 Tables Beach. It is pure Heaven! I do however want to stay at Turtle Bay Resort as I have heard so many good things about it. As long as it is not too far from Haleiwa! That is my watering hole! :whistle::whistle:
I stayed at the JW Marriott Ihilani at Ko Olina the last time I went. It's about a 30 minute drive from Waikiki and about the same distance from North Shore. It's where they filmed that surf movie Blue Crush. Very nice resort hotel. The rooms have huge bath tubs that would fit 2 people. Hahaha. It has its own private cove and it's next to Paradise Cove Luau. Great restaurant at the hotel, bar open late, breakfast buffet is off the hook!!! If you want to eat at a nice restaurant that's not at the hotel, there's Roy's about a mile away. Hotel service is great! I'm going back to this hotel. Haleiwa is probably a half hour away...that's if driver's in front of you are going above the speed limit. Hahaha. People drive so freaking slow in Oahu. Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I stayed at the JW Marriott Ihilani at Ko Olina the last time I went. It's about a 30 minute drive from Waikiki and about the same distance from North Shore. It's where they filmed that surf movie Blue Crush. Very nice resort hotel. The rooms have huge bath tubs that would fit 2 people. Hahaha. It has its own private cove and it's next to Paradise Cove Luau. Great restaurant at the hotel, bar open late, breakfast buffet is off the hook!!! If you want to eat at a nice restaurant that's not at the hotel, there's Roy's about a mile away. Hotel service is great! I'm going back to this hotel. Haleiwa is probably a half hour away...that's if driver's in front of you are going above the speed limit. Hahaha. People drive so freaking slow in Oahu. Hahaha.
I went golfing at the Ko Olina beautiful place!
And Roy's.... :drool: their chocolate fondue is to die for!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I was born in Hawaii and still have lots of family back home. If anyone needs suggestions on anything from a local viewpoint PM me.

One thing I have not read anyone talk about is Kailua on Oahu. That is on the east side and is very nice with some of the prettiest beaches. This is the side im from. If you are there you HAVE to go to Boots and Kimos for Bannana Mac Pancakes MMMMMMMM

Winters on North Shore FTMW

·
L4P Consigliere
1,829 Posts
I was born in Hawaii and still have lots of family back home. If anyone needs suggestions on anything from a local viewpoint PM me.

One thing I have not read anyone talk about is Kailua on Oahu. That is on the east side and is very nice with some of the prettiest beaches. This is the side im from. If you are there you HAVE to go to Boots and Kimos for Bannana Mac Pancakes MMMMMMMM

Winters on North Shore FTMW
Kailua beach is great. You can rent sea kayak and paddle to the Mokulua (I think that's right) islands. I really love Oahu. I find the people that don't like Oahu never leave the Waikiki area.

Amiee is also right that the Haleiwa is a fun place. Always go there. Love Matsumoto's shave ice and Kau Aina for great burgers.

As far as places to stay, I really like the Kahala Resort (formerly the Kahala Mandarin Oriental).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Beautiful pics.. Windward side (kaneohe,kailua,lanikai) is the nicest on Oahu. Im am kind of biased though, grew up there. If you are traveling to Hawaii, it would be a good idea to fly to other islands.

If you are heading to North Shore you also need to check out the "shrimp truck" and Dole plantation pineapple ice cream. Oh and for lunch try and hit a Curry House eatery (japanese curry) so good.

And The Kahala Resort is very nice. Helps to have a few dolphins in the back of the hotel. I used to work there many years ago when it was a Mandarin property.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts