Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Not surprised to see a few Muslims standing around.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Not to mention you can't see who's driving the car, so whats the difference who's standing around? Also are Muslims not allowed to own Rolls Royces?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
IBTL

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Theres one standing around in a hajib when the car took off. Not talking about the driver.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Just pointing out the obvious. Nothing controversial.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think Muslim is too general of a term. A velvet RR is something a rich Arab would do, but no need to bring religion into the topic.

Anyways, whoever thought it was a smart idea to turn a Rolls Royce into a velvet rope deserves to be hanged.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would ask humbly that everybody not release the hounds. A tactless comment doesn't need to become a disastrous one. Granted, the wording was less than choice, but I'm sure McCauley's intent was to point out that something quite that gauche is commonplace in the Arab/Persian world, which is also by any stretch, the Muslim world.

You've only got to be offended if you choose to take offense. Most of us are aware of that to which he was alluding, poor word selection or not. No lynchmob necessary.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would ask humbly that everybody not release the hounds. A tactless comment doesn't need to become a disastrous one. Granted, the wording was less than choice, but I'm sure McCauley's intent was to point out that something quite that gauche is commonplace in the Arab/Persian world, which is also by any stretch, the Muslim world.

You've only got to be offended if you choose to take offense. Most of us are aware of that to which he was alluding, poor word selection or not. No lynchmob necessary.
Well said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts