Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some sweet video of a silver V10 Audi R8 arriving, parking, and launching at Cars and Coffee in Dallas. The car sounds great (better than the V8 Audi R8) and I love the styling of the wheels. Also, the little kid in this car with his dad is truly "Living The Dream", lol. :clap:

Seeing the V10 R8 got me thinking, "Could it be a true challenger to the Gallardo?" As I understand it, the v10 Audi R8 and the Lamborghini Gallardo share many parts. With the Audi coming in at around $50k - $60k less than the Lambo, which do you think is a better value? I think the Lambo might turn more heads (due to its aggressive styling) and perform a bit better, but the Audi doesn't seem to be too far behind in terms of performance. I'd love to know you guys' opinions.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Deep down inside, every R8 owner wish they were driving a Lambo. If value is what people are looking for, I suggest a GTR or Z06. I think you get what you pay for. bottom line is that if you want supercar, get a lambo or ferrari, not audi.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've driven both and the Audi is arguably the better car as it drives/rides nicer and surprisingly understeers less (and I drove the Balboni), albeit the Lamborghini looks better for sure (though I think the Audi's interior is nicer).

Here in LA, the Audi is rarer, everyone and their Lawyer has a Lamborghini :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've driven both and the Audi is arguably the better car as it drives/rides nicer and surprisingly understeers less (and I drove the Balboni), albeit the Lamborghini looks better for sure (though I think the Audi's interior is nicer).

Here in LA, the Audi is rarer, everyone and their Lawyer has a Lamborghini :eek:hwell:

Wow, the Balboni understeering less than the Audi is surprising. I appreciate that insight about the differences in handling and ride quality... Also I'm with you that the Lambo looks better... Good point about the Audi being rarer for now. Since it is newer there are fewer on the roads in comparison to the number of Gallardos out there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deep down inside, every R8 owner wish they were driving a Lambo. If value is what people are looking for, I suggest a GTR or Z06. I think you get what you pay for. bottom line is that if you want supercar, get a lambo or ferrari, not audi.

Good point on the GTR being a great value! Also the Z06 is too, but I have trouble getting with it looking pretty similar to the lower end Corvette's. If one is going to pay that much for an automobile, it should be very visually distinguishable from it's lower end relatives =)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I got some sweet video of a silver V10 Audi R8 arriving, parking, and launching at Cars and Coffee in Dallas. The car sounds great (better than the V8 Audi R8) and I love the styling of the wheels. Also, the little kid in this car with his dad is truly "Living The Dream", lol. :clap:

Seeing the V10 R8 got me thinking, "Could it be a true challenger to the Gallardo?" As I understand it, the v10 Audi R8 and the Lamborghini Gallardo share many parts. With the Audi coming in at around $50k - $60k less than the Lambo, which do you think is a better value? I think the Lambo might turn more heads (due to its aggressive styling) and perform a bit better, but the Audi doesn't seem to be too far behind in terms of performance. I'd love to know you guys' opinions.

In terms of performance the V10 R8 is ALOT slower straightline than an Lp560... Here in LA, every douche has an R8.. They drive around with fart can exhausts, rev their motors for no reason. I personally think the car looks like ass.. Id take a 997TT anyday over the R8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cost was no consideration for me and I chose the R8 V-10. I have owned several Ferraris over the years and very unbiasedly I can say that Audi has pulled off something no other manufacturer has done to date. That is to make a car with supercar performance yet keep a high degree of driver comfort. I will gladly trade a couple of tenths of a second for not getting beat up on a daily basis.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cost was no consideration for me and I chose the R8 V-10. I have owned several Ferraris over the years and very unbiasedly I can say that Audi has pulled off something no other manufacturer has done to date. That is to make a car with supercar performance yet keep a high degree of driver comfort. I will gladly trade a couple of tenths of a second for not getting beat up on a daily basis.
Well said PC R8. I appreciate you bring up the issue of driver comfort. Driver comfort does become a greater consideration the more frequently one plans to drive the car. It also makes a difference for those of us with bad backs or people who are up there in age. =)

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
The R8 V10 is the superior car. This is one of those threads that you really need to keep your opinion based on fact and not on what you assume. I've owned both and have spent a lot of time with both. The R8 V10 is the superior car in most ways. The R8 is wonderful to drive, comfortable, quiet when needed, solid as a rock, easy to get serviced, beautiful design, wonderful fit and finish, and is not Italian. The Lambo looks super aggressive and the design is going to be timeless and will look as aggressive in 25 years as it does today. The engine note is quite a bit different with a sportier sound and the straight line performance is better... at least it feels faster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like that was right off the Dallas North Tollway if I'm not mistaken. I believe I've seen that R8 around a few times myself...never seen the small kid in it though :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have owned a few exotics already, I personally would take the R8 v10 for 150k send it to underground or heffner for there tt upgrade for 60k.. im now in for 210k for a car that would walk all over the 220k lp560.. thats just my .02

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
So let me get this straight.....

Lp560 and R8 V10 side by side. Money no object. You get to take one home.

You take the R8? I am floored...

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
So let me get this straight.....

Lp560 and R8 V10 side by side. Money no object. You get to take one home.

You take the R8? I am floored...
Yes... stay on the floor.:lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think an Audi's a major waste of money because the cost of maintenance

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I think an Audi's a major waste of money because the cost of maintenance
And a Lambo is not? How much do you have to take your Audi V10 in for service? Is it worse than your Lambo? Let me know your personal experiences with them both and the costs of ownership from your experience.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Exactly.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts