Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The body of Uwe Gemballa, the man behind the infamous aftermarket company and missing since February of 2010, was found by South African police on Tuesday. The well-known supercar tuner was reportedly bound and executed and his body was dumped outside Pretoria in Atteridgeville, Gauteng, South Africa. The Sunday Times, South Africa’s most popular and occasionally controversial weekly paper that has been in distribution since 1906, is reporting that two men have been arrested in connection with Gemballa’s disappearance and are working with authorities in the investigation.

The Sunday Times is also reporting that the death of Uwe Gemballa is being linked to a large money-laundering scheme that stretches from Switzerland to South Africa and includes tax evasion, contract killing, and high-end exotic cars with money stuffed in their door panels.

Gemballa went missing on February 8, 2010, after landing at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, approximately 45 miles from Atteridgeville. He contacted his wife the next day, speaking in English, which his wife says was unusual, and asking for a large sum of money. After the call to his wife, he was never heard from again.

After closing down in May 2010, the Gemballa brand was recently purchased and re-launched wearing a slightly modified name, Gemballa GmbH, and headed by a new chief exectuve officer, Andreas Schwarz.

[via The Sunday Times]

Provided by duPont REGISTRY

More...

·
Registered
934 Posts
RIP

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! He really did piss the wrong people off....
I thought he was just in hiding.

R.I.P. YOU BUILT SOME AWESOME CARS!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Wow, his life sounds like a movie!!

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
WOW that sucks. rip!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It's like an episode of Miami vice.

"You gotta carry weapons cause you always carry cash... I'm sorry it went down like this but someone has to loose it's the nature of the business it's the smugglers blues".

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Crazy story. R.I.P. and prayers to his family. Gemballa produced some incredible cars. Always was a fan. :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
this was in the newspaper today the story i posted about the car collector that was murdered turned out they were all involved ?!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
yea back in the day use to LOVE them slantnose GAMBELLA widebody with the whale tale .. Sucks to see him go , god knows what kinda sh*t he was involved with ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts