Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what would you guys value a Used Rolex Sea-Dweller at? Condition looks ok..Im gonna try to get better pictures. No box or Papers, extra links..Also the owner claims that the bezel has been replaced with a non oem bezel.. Also is there a serial number that I would be able to look up to make sure it is not stolen? He gave me a serial number but i think it is a style number. The owner claims that it is a 2008 model..

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would be hesitant to buy a Rolex without box, papers, etc, but if you are, go by the saying "Buy the seller, then buy the watch." Try to get some descent pictures up and I think the people of this forum can help a little more.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Get pictures.

I never buy without box and papers but I would say its worth roughly 5-5500, that is a guess not seeing the pictures. Under the bracelet at 6 and 12oclock on the case will be the ref number and the serial number(I think serial is at 6). But buying a rolex with no b&p is sketchy esp. when the bezel has supposedly been replaced.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Is this through a reputable shop? If not I wouldn't touch a Rolex without box, papers and a replaced bezel with a 10 foot pole

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There are a lot of authentic pieces that circulate without box/papers/etc. Though I prefer full documentation, I've purchased without. Just have to do a bit of digging and adjust the value accordingly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya ill probably just avoid it then. The seller was valuing it at 4K but we were talking abt a trade thats why I was considering it. The seller gave me 116660 as a serial number but it looks to be a model number.

Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's a DSSD (Deep Sea Sea Dweller) ref number. For that piece 4k is very, very low - even without papers. I don't mind buying Rolex without b&p but I suggest you have the watch verified by an AD. IF you can get it in a trade with 4k value and it's authentic, it's a killer deal. But seriously, it sounds too good to be true...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've heard that you can meet the seller at an AD, I believe they will authenticate the piece for a price. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya ill just pass it up... The guy finally sent me up close pics and it looks like it has been buried in the dirt. Deff not the pics he sent me the first time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, he obviously went diving, wrestled with a great white and the watch just picked up some dirt during that :) Battle scars, stories, patina and so on!
But seriously, passing that piece sounds like the best thing to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts