Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking at buying a used Cayenne turbo. This one I am looking at has a blow off valve installed. I am wondering if that is ok or could lead to potential problems?

The car was Porsche certified a year ago, so has another year under it, would the BOV void the warranty?

It is also lowered with mechanical links instead of software, anybody have experience with those? good or bad?

Thanks in advance for any answers

·
Registered
816 Posts
Does it have diverter valves or an actual BOV?

And the links are decent, have never had a problem with them or haven't known to. How long have they been installed? All I could say is that "maybe" it is a little more wear on the bags to run the car low, but I have never seen it cause an issue. They do alter the ride quite a bit though. If they are adjustable air ride links then they are adjustable, which is nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
zuschnell, what's the reason for looking at this particular one? Generally modded cars aren't a very smart buy.

Unless the modified part is causing the problem, the dealer legally has to fix your issue under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act -- so for example if you have a transmission failure, the dealer can't say no because of a modified BOV. However, they can make life way more difficult for you to get things fixed, ask yourself if you really want to go through the hassle every time you go in for service.

The other thing to consider is many vehicles aren't modified with a lot of planning -- any idea if the BOV is recirculated or vented to atmosphere? A VTA BOV requires an ECU tune, something many owners fail to do.

There are 90,000,000 Cayenne Turbos on the market now, look for a stock one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts