Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Urwerk makes some crazy pieces! I'm not sure I could rock a huge pocket watch like that though, but I suppose if I could I'd buy it for a conversation starter. The amount of engineering that goes into pieces like this always amazes me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Holy h3ll that is one nice Pocket watch!
$340,000 Swiss dollars is a lot!

·
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Official details page: UR-1001 | Urwerk | Baumgartner & Frei | Zürich | Genève

The UR-1001 is a grand über complication both measuring and quantifying the era in its entirety, from a solitary second to astronomical millennia. Exuding force from a case seemingly carved from a block of solid metal, the UR-1001 marks the passage of time in seconds, minutes, hours, day/night, date, month, years, 100 years and all of the way to a monumental 1,000 years.

“Since we founded URWERK, it has been Martin Frei’s and my horological playground in which we have developed new – both technically and visually – methods of displaying time. However, we were always constrained by the size of the wristwatch. With Zeit Device we could allow ourselves carte blanche and created a larger playground for our imaginations… and then filled it with all of our complications and indications.”
Felix Baumgartner

VIDEO: The Incredible Millenium-Measuring, 340,000 Swiss Franc, Urwerk Zeit Device, Explained — HODINKEE - Wristwatch News, Reviews, & Original Stories

Explained

Urwerk makes some absolutely awesome stuff, ranging from the game-changing 103, to the Patek inspired CC1 Cobra, to the modern 110 Torpedo. But, the culmination of all the work done by Urwerk over the last fifteen years went into not a wristwatch, but something of a pocketwatch, or an "uber complication," as some call it. The Zeit Device 1001, which we showed you first here, is an enormously complex device that marks the passage of time in seconds, minutes, hours, day/night, date, month, years, 100 years (centuries), all of the way to a monumental 1,000 years (millenia!!).

It's almost as big as an iPhone and much heavier. It costs more than a Bentley Continental Super Sport, is limited to only eight pieces worldwide, and most importantly, it is absolutely awesome. Watch above as Urwerk engineer Cyrano Devanthey explains to us this incredible device. Official details here - click through for more live photos.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Saw this a while ago and it's amazing. I don't think if ever wear a pocket watch but god damn that is just badass. Would be nice to add to a collection of other complicated pieces though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts