Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was recently invited to a party with the dress code being "upscale cocktail attire". As this is my first real cocktail party(I'm 18), I'm not exactly sure what this means. Could you guys give me a little help as to what I should wear?

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think that I could get away with a blazer, nice button down, and khaki's? I have a limited wardrobe since I'm at college.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I think you would be fine in that? Where is the party being held?

So do you think that I could get away with a blazer, nice button down, and khaki's? I have a limited wardrobe since I'm at college.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you would be fine in that? Where is the party being held?
It's a premiere party for a TV show that was taped at the location.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if u dont want to look like the mook at the party, just better try and stick with slacks instead of khakis
:bitenails: The only pants I have with me at college are jeans and khakis, I was never expected to be invited to something like this :lol:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If you can run to marshalls or the like and pick up a cheap pair of slacks. If not khakis and a blazer are a classic look. ENjoy!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone could link me to pants similar to what I should be getting, that would be amazing haha

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what color is your blazer?
navy blue.

I was planning on wearing khaki's, a nice belt, loafers(with dark blue/black socks), a light blue button down(with a nice tie), and the blazer. does that sound acceptable? or do you all think that is too casual?

·
Registered
521 Posts
navy blue.

I was planning on wearing khaki's, a nice belt, loafers(with dark blue/black socks), a light blue button down(with a nice tie), and the blazer. does that sound acceptable? or do you all think that is too casual?
khakis and a blazer is going to make you look like a frat dude at rush. buy some slacks (dark grey preferably).

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
AGreed Dark grey slacks would be great. Aim for flat front, no cuff. Usually Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren Chaps are at the Marshalls/Ross stores for cheap!

·
Registered
964 Posts
navy blue.

I think that's dressy enough, maybe a nice solid colour sweater over your shirt. How dressy can a college party be...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Like Duke said, the khaki's are just going to make you look like a pledge. Definitely go and pick up some slacks. I remember my first semester in college, I had to run out and pick up new clothes for almost every big party. I would usually stretch it a bit, pick up some nicer stuff, and just eat ramen for a few days :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the thing is, it's not a college party. This party has no association to my school. It's a premiere party for an MTV show.

In regards to sweaters, I have a few nice solid color v-necks I could use as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well the thing is, it's not a college party. This party has no association to my school. It's a premiere party for an MTV show.
In that case, you definitely need to step up you're game.

Run pick and some navy slacks and something like a gunmetal button down. Add your navy sportcoat and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Make sure your slacks fit correctly length wise as well.....

Nothing worse then someone dressing up only to not notice that his pants are too long. Kills the look instantly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts