Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had been closely following this plane's developments ever since Boeing was in talks about creating a new aircraft known then as the 7E7. I was a part of a small group of people back then that Boeing surveyed on a regular basis when they started making this airplane. As a young kid at the time, I was a full Avgeek about it as well and anxiously had been anticipating the day I'd be able to fly in one. So last weekend I finally got my chance after fighting my way through Sandy (The Storm), schedule changes with United and airplane delivery delays. Somehow, some way, the stars aligned and I made it to Chicago to fly this beast back home via Houston. As promised though, I documented my experience with a little Sony I picked up literally a day before the flight. So pardon the crappy pictures and enjoy!

United's Press Stage at the Gate at O'Hare

United setting up the gate area while flight 116 is en-route.

The Airport Police & Fire Trucks Lined Up

Parked at O'Hare

CEO. Jeff Smiseck & Captain Starling

Passengers Boarding the New Dreamliner

The Seat Testing Begins

Climbing Towards IAH

Cruising at 40,000ft - No Signs of Ears Popping or Dryness

Meal Time - It Was Tasteful

Economy Plus

The Flight Deck

The Flight Crew Rest Area

Parked at Houston

Bringing Her Home

Sunset Shot

Home

Parked at LAX

Fire away any questions you may have!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for sharing those! Sick plane! I really like the dual HUD's and I'm a little surprised they are using the same audio panels as every other Boeing out there. Nothing wrong with them I just thought they would re-design them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing those! Sick plane! I really like the dual HUD's and I'm a little surprised they are using the same audio panels as every other Boeing out there. Nothing wrong with them I just thought they would re-design them.
I get what you're saying but from the outside it just looks like they took a 737 NG cockpit and merged it with the current 777 cockpit. However the amount of technology behind those screens is pretty amazing. The "pilots" or should I say "operations managers" love it because the plane still manages to give the right amount of physical connection with the airplane.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Cool plane. Too bad it belongs to United, hands down the worst airline of them all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
if only money could buy a place in the crew rest areas...... id love to take a red eye in there!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was my first time flying United. I have to say compared to other airlines around the world it does lack in service but also the crew was still in training. The new Business/First seating is quite comfortable and makes a red-eye flight easy. The economy plus isn't bad either but the lie flats in First are better for sleeping and the food is better as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
cool

thanks for posting

·
Registered
797 Posts
Beautiful, I was at one point thinking of becoming a flight attendant during my early college years, just so I could travel around and fly for cheap. Wish the planes at that time looked like this, I would be enjoying the flights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts