Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to out of the box supercars, we feel that they deserve out of the box wheels to match that untouchable quality they have. This is where the PUR LX15 comes into play. Finished in high gloss monaco gold, the wheels are definitely striking enough to hold its own against the P1. We’ve heard the comments and of course this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but nothing in this world is meant to please everyone. All we can do is continue to move forward and bring you something new at each corner.

PUR LX15 | 19×9.5 | 20×12 | Gloss Monaco Gold

Thanks to Marcel Lech Photography

·
Registered
610 Posts
My objective and level criticism isn't such that I find the wheels aesthetically inappropriate for that car, its that I imagine them functionally so. While style is subjective, physics are not, and I can't see beyond the measurable unsprung and rotational increase these would impose on a car built to the furthest measure of performance.

An uncompromising car should be met with uncompromising equipment- complementary without hindrance. My two cents.

They are pretty wheels otherwise. Perhaps a CL63 or something catering as much to luxury would be a good host for them.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
In the sponsor write up, he acknowledged these wouldn't be everyone's "cup of tea."
My issue has nothing to do with the functionality. I see nothing about them that would keep the driver from having a blast driving the car.
It's purely looks that spurs my comment. Not Feeling Them!

Reactions: Luci Ride and SCG

·
Registered
610 Posts
They're likely substantially heavier than OEM, and depending on the application of that coating, measurably embrittled by the process if it is anything akin to chroming.

That car is built to the gram and millimeter for low CG and utmost efficiency. It's a tough pill to swallow that you'd bestow anything on it which chipped away at that effort. That's the functional aspect to which I was alluding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts