Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Huge thanks to all our customers Jorge, Mullet, Mike, Stacy, SW, Reza, Marty - (KC driver), Bill, Tag, Nick, Bob and Felipe. Great job of driving by all you guys. All the crew from Underground Racing really appreciates you guys for showing up to race at another event right after the great performance and win at Tx2k a month ago. Thanks to Amar and crew for the great job at the TI event. It was great hanging out with the top tuner shops and their customers from all over the US. Also huge thanks to all our crew including, John Reed, Proline Racing and etc.

The Underground Racing customers brought home 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the King of the streets. Stacy and Reza brought home 1st and 2nd place in the 6 speed challenge. I will post some of the videos on this thread as they come out. First up is the King of the streets winner, KC driving Marty's R8 GT.

Thanks, Kevin Howeth
Underground Racing - Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo Performance
704-361-3443

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Awesome video! How much of it would you guys attribute to driver skill? Looked like there was definitely some technique and timing there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That thing sounds like a jet taking off. Great vid and incredible car

·
Registered
75 Posts
Noob question, at 2:30 the yellow lambo judders off the line. Is this driver error or something to do with gearbox.

Can you still drive these 1 and 2r ugr lamborghini like normal in stop, start traffic.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ive seen a few twin turbo lamborghinis jerk in first gear i do not believe its always driver error. I do not know the technical side behind it either, maybe someone can expand upon that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I believe the bucking has something to do with an over sensitive throttle where its hard to find the sweet spot so the driver keeps gassing it and then let it off. I know of stock R8 owners who have that issue when they put an ECU tune on and it adjusts the throttle curve and some of them are just way to sensitive. I could be wrong in this case though.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My TSX has a drive by wire throttle (electronic) and in first gear, it will do the same thing sometimes at lower RPMs. It's just really sensitive.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Ive seen a few twin turbo lamborghinis jerk in first gear i do not believe its always driver error. I do not know the technical side behind it either, maybe someone can expand upon that.
I believe the bucking has something to do with an over sensitive throttle where its hard to find the sweet spot so the driver keeps gassing it and then let it off. I know of stock R8 owners who have that issue when they put an ECU tune on and it adjusts the throttle curve and some of them are just way to sensitive. I could be wrong in this case though.
Noob question, at 2:30 the yellow lambo judders off the line. Is this driver error or something to do with gearbox.

Can you still drive these 1 and 2r ugr lamborghini like normal in stop, start traffic.
On the 2R UGR Gallardo's with Egear, the carbon ceramic clutch doesn't grab and release as gently as the clutches for the 1Rs or lower stages.

Its tricky to perfect it to get it going smoothly but basically while in first, you flap the gas pedal so the rpms will get to the high 2000s than put your foot back on the peddle as you take it off to almost grab the revs and allow the clutch to grab and the car can get into a roll smoothly.

If you just press the gas pedal down, it will bog into a roll.

I had it perfected pretty quickly but when at races at the events, instead of taking your sweet ass time to slowly get into a roll, most prefer to add medium pressure on the gas peddle so the car will get off the line quickly with minimum bogging.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts