Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend my winters in Telluride/Vail and its ridiculous how many Land Rovers are out here running either aftermarket summer performance tires or standard all seasons. As Telluride is partnered with Land Rover, you notice it a lot down there. The dealers & brand reps are the ones I hold responsible here as they keep telling customers "Its a Range Rover, it is great in the snow and doesn't need snow tires!". Doesn't matter how great the car is (which all LR's are), without the right contact to the ground all that tech won't help you. Especially around here with our extreme elevation and winter conditions the roads get SERIOUSLY sketchy. Anyhow, tired of the dealers and brand reps I've spoken to spewing this BS and putting customers at risk. I see them crashed and banged up on the side of the road all winter long..... When you're in the mountains....all cars need snow tires, period. I run Nokian Hakka R2 SUV and even with those mountain driving over Vail Pass can get mad sketchy.... Almost wish I had gone studded....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anything over 22 on these regardless is suicide let alone in snow. Idiots nothing short of! They also look really shit! Seen some real dick heads here in uk trying to off road with tyres more suitable for the school run.

I've got rid of my RR the 5k in repairs in 18 months was beyond annoying. Just so massively unreliable but stunning cars :(

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
If you're dumb enough to listen to the dealers...you need to learn the hard way. I had chrome wheels with the low profile tires with my first car, end of september I had the winter tires or the all seasons at the time back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts