Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, some solid fights!

First off... How sick was that slam from Gerald Harris? Unreaaaaaaaal! :clap: I went crazy when that happened. Looked like he murdered the dude. :bitenails:

Brendan Schaub picked up a very nice quick KO. Not bad! Thought it would be a foreshadow of the main fight as they both are respective training partners of Carwin and Lesnar. No dice. :lol:

I was happy for Bonnar picking up the W. Seems like a good guy and he always puts on a show. Good for him bouncing back.

I was upset Akiyama couldn't finish Leben. I've watched him back in the Pride days and am a big fan. Hopefully he'll bounce back. And huge props to Leben taking the fight on short notice and putting on a SHOW. Impressive! :thumbsup:

Thoughts on the title fight?

Carwin HAD that, amazing how he had him running from the start. If it wasn't such a huge fight I guarantee that woulda' been called about 20 punches before the bell. Oh well.

Brock showed he improved his game with the side choke. I thought he was hopping to full mount, very good move on his part. Rehearsed, but more humble speech, which was due. Definitely the showman, man knows how to market himself, lol.

So if Carwin can't do it... Can Velasquez? Not likely. Looks like we gotta' get used to this guy for awhile...

Overall good event, who caught it?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I didn't catch the fight live but I just saw it online - brock is truly the baddest SOB on the planet - to come back from that kind of beating and win is brute strength and desire to win

·
Registered
75 Posts
I only just watched the carwin vs lesnar fight becuase I live in uk and it was on at 4 am lol
but the carwin fight I thought it was all over in first round, if it wasnt such i huge fight I think the ref would have called it but, I think if they rematch for title carwin will have it and I have to give props to lesnar for hanging in

·
10,594 Posts
Lesnar will get knocked out soon. Never saw him be such a pussy running scarred the way he was in the first round. Back peddling with his head down after the one and only decent punch, an upercut, that was landed. No not strategy just scrarred. The Ref was a lucky factor, if that would have been a different ref they would have stopped it during atleast 2 separate moments. Triangle choke, he has never chocked anyone out in his dreams. His corner kept telling him to rotate his body to sink the choke in as he had forgotten what to do.

The shame of it all is that Carwin trained for one round. What a wanker who trains for one round?

Fedor's people contacted White last week after Fedor's loss to Verdum and Dana White said "we are not interested". (of course WE are, they are just negotiating) I don't really care for Fedor because of the way he has been handled but he will knock Lesnar into never never land.

Can Velasquez defeat Lesnar? David v. Goliath match. Closer match than you think.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Anyone else think Chris Lytle got robbed of sub of the night? Or is it just me. Lesnar's arm triangle was good, but Lytle's transition from full mount to side control to mounted triangle/mounted crucifix/armbar was much more impressive.

Harris's slam was beastly. I loved it.

Overall good card!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shame of it all is that Carwin trained for one round. What a wanker who trains for one round?
Huh? How do you figure he trained for one round... The guy gassed pounding on a 300lb behemoth... Hardly call that training for one round.

Fedor's people contacted White last week after Fedor's loss to Verdum and Dana White said "we are not interested". (of course WE are, they are just negotiating) I don't really care for Fedor because of the way he has been handled but he will knock Lesnar into never never land.
No offence, but I doubt he would. If Carwin can't with 50 punches and practically no ref, Fedor can't. Carwin is well over 35lbs heavier and throws way harder. Fedor wins majority of his fights by submission.

Can Velasquez defeat Lesnar? David v. Goliath match. Closer match than you think.
How so, lol. Because he was an All American too? Beating Kongo and Rothwell? Please. Nogueira's been his only challenge so far.

Anyone else think Chris Lytle got robbed of sub of the night? Or is it just me. Lesnar's arm triangle was good, but Lytle's transition from full mount to side control to mounted triangle/mounted crucifix/armbar was much more impressive.
I agree! Brutal. That dude deserves those bonuses, always goes all out. Great fighter, family man. He certainly deserved the bonus. :(

·
10,594 Posts
Huh? How do you figure he trained for one round... The guy gassed pounding on a 300lb behemoth... Hardly call that training for one round.

A championship fight is 5 rounds. How many championship fights have you seen where the guy gassed in the 1st round? Heavy Weight or not? None! Is it forseable to think a heavyweight fight could involve more than 50 punches in a 5 round fight? You bet your sweet butt he should have thought about that. Is it possible that more than 50 can be thrown in one round? You ever watch heavyweight boxing?

No offence, but I doubt he would. If Carwin can't with 50 punches and practically no ref, Fedor can't. Carwin is well over 35lbs heavier and throws way harder. Fedor wins majority of his fights by submission.

How many heavyweight fights have you seen go past one round? A lot. Lesnar has gone 2 rounds a couple times and went the fiull 3 with Hearing. How is Fedor's power? Phenomenal. Is it more than Carwins? Close but maybe not as powerfull but he can throw hell of a lot more than 50 of them I promise. (watch his fights)

I was disspointed with Fedor's career but you heard it hear first, Lesnar's Kryptonite is a good punch to the face. Fedor will do it if it doesn't happen sooner. Cain Velasquez or Junior Dos Santos FTMFW!

·
Registered
245 Posts
It was a great event. I was on and off my feet all night. I was a little scared Carwin was going to win in the first round. But he came out in the 2nd like he didn't win the first one. Then Brock did what I told everyone he was going to do bet him on the ground. But if Carwin couldn't knock him out who is going to be able to. Brock is a beast and he is going to be the Champ for a long time to come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too was sad Carwin couldn't pull it off. I agree that if it wasn't such a big fight the reff would have probably stopped it but after watching the replay it did look like Brock was covering up pretty well on the ground. Carwin just outclassed Lesnar standing up but as soon as Brock gets someone on the ground its hard for anyone to get up lol

Also I found it kind of comical that Brock was bragging about being able to weather the storm and come out on top with a submission when Mir did essentially the same thing against Brock and Brock gave Mir absolutely no credit for his performance

·
Registered
183 Posts
Carwin never should have backed off. He had him. Surprised they didn't call the fight when he was pummeling Brock.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Brock has nothing but wrestling and size end of story.

All he does is gets the take down then lays on top of you for a couple of minutes then when you get so fucking worn out from having his big ass on you he begins to pound your face in.

He has no stand up every one talks about that punch he hit Heath Herring with but if it was so devastating he would've finished him right then and there but did he? Hell no he won by unanimous decision.

And like Salduchi said if it wasn't for his corner telling him how to pull of one of the easiest submissions he wouldn't have made Carwin tap. So right there tells you he has no technical ground game.

And you know what I find so funny? The ref of the Bonnar/Soszynkski stopped the fight why? Cause Soszynski was getting his face pounded in. But did the ref in the Lesnar/Carwin fight stop the fight after Carwin knocked him out multiple times and landed about 50 good hits? NO!!!! I will say Carwin should have just let Lesnar stand back up but still you could tell Brock was out at least 2 times and he got hit with hell of a lot more strikes than Soszynkski.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have to say some thing. Everyone keeps saying Carwin knock him out 2 or 3 time's BS. Lesnar never stops moving on the ground yeah he was getting hit. I'm not going to say that he was not getting hit. But the Ref did his job Carwin was hitting and it was not doing the damage that everyone things it was doing. Carwin was tired do to the fact that he spend all of his time training to knock Lesner out and could not deliver. Lesnar trained to be i the best shape of his life and he was. He took a beating in the first and come out hungry in the 2nd. When he came out looking to land a few big punches Carwin backed off and let him take him to the ground. Carwin is a very dangerous fighter and I thought if any body was going to be able to knock out Lesnar it would be him. i hope this is the first of many fights between the two of them. With that said Carwin needs to train harder and know the Lesnar is not going to just lay down because you hit him hard. Lesnar is a beast!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
True - Lesnar is a beast - BECAUSE he is big and fast....Thats it

No stand up, no ground game, no fighting sense
Did he take Carwin's punches? Sure he did, like a little girl

Its actually a shame that he is a HW champ after only 6 fights and 1 of them being a loss.

If carwin works on pacing himself, cardio and ground game, its going to be a different fight the next go around

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brock has nothing but wrestling and size end of story.

All he does is gets the take down then lays on top of you for a couple of minutes then when you get so fucking worn out from having his big ass on you he begins to pound your face in.

He has no stand up every one talks about that punch he hit Heath Herring with but if it was so devastating he would've finished him right then and there but did he? Hell no he won by unanimous decision.

And like Salduchi said if it wasn't for his corner telling him how to pull of one of the easiest submissions he wouldn't have made Carwin tap. So right there tells you he has no technical ground game.

And you know what I find so funny? The ref of the Bonnar/Soszynkski stopped the fight why? Cause Soszynski was getting his face pounded in. But did the ref in the Lesnar/Carwin fight stop the fight after Carwin knocked him out multiple times and landed about 50 good hits? NO!!!! I will say Carwin should have just let Lesnar stand back up but still you could tell Brock was out at least 2 times and he got hit with hell of a lot more strikes than Soszynkski.
Not sure which fight you were watching, but carwin did not land anywhere near 50 punches. The most significant blow was that huge downward elbow, which looked like it barely phased Lesnar.

Lesnar was grabbing shanes arms and wrists, kicked him off once, and did a HELL of a job weathering the storm. If he was that hurt theres no way he would have hopped up and pushed shane into the cage and almost taken him down before the bell.

Of course, if someone like Mazzagatti had been reffing the fight would have been PREMATURELY called. Refs like Herb Dean, Mario Yamasaki, Yves Lavigne, and now apparently Josh Rosenthal know when a fighter is basically out and when to stop it. Lesnar proved last night he has a good chin. Carwin hit him with a few shots that would have straight dropped anyone else. Lesnar deserves incredible props for his performance. He got caught by the knee and the hard uppercut, yet remained on his feet. No one else could have done that.

And an arm triangle is an easy sub to pull off? Whoever said that has probably never trained a day in his life. Is it a flying triangle? No, but it certainly isnt an armbar.

Lesnar gained a ton of fans that night. IMO he will demolish Cain. Hes just too much bigger. But there have been huge guys in MMA before (Mark Kerr, HMC, etc) that havent accomplished 1/4 of what lesnar has.

I dont see anyone beating him anytime soon, and the man deserves respect. Nog would get crushed. JDS has knockout chance, but if lesnar can eat carwin punches, I dont see him dropping to a JDS punch. And JDS may be a BJJ BB, but we saw what lesnar did to the last BB on the ground.

Lesnar showed a ton of promise last night. All heil the TRUE king of MMA.

And for the record, I think hed demolish fedor.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not sure which fight you were watching, but carwin did not land anywhere near 50 punches. The most significant blow was that huge downward elbow, which looked like it barely phased Lesnar.

Lesnar was grabbing shanes arms and wrists, kicked him off once, and did a HELL of a job weathering the storm. If he was that hurt theres no way he would have hopped up and pushed shane into the cage and almost taken him down before the bell.

Of course, if someone like Mazzagatti had been reffing the fight would have been PREMATURELY called. Refs like Herb Dean, Mario Yamasaki, Yves Lavigne, and now apparently Josh Rosenthal know when a fighter is basically out and when to stop it. Lesnar proved last night he has a good chin. Carwin hit him with a few shots that would have straight dropped anyone else. Lesnar deserves incredible props for his performance. He got caught by the knee and the hard uppercut, yet remained on his feet. No one else could have done that.

And an arm triangle is an easy sub to pull off? Whoever said that has probably never trained a day in his life. Is it a flying triangle? No, but it certainly isnt an armbar.

Lesnar gained a ton of fans that night. IMO he will demolish Cain. Hes just too much bigger. But there have been huge guys in MMA before (Mark Kerr, HMC, etc) that havent accomplished 1/4 of what lesnar has.

I dont see anyone beating him anytime soon, and the man deserves respect. Nog would get crushed. JDS has knockout chance, but if lesnar can eat carwin punches, I dont see him dropping to a JDS punch. And JDS may be a BJJ BB, but we saw what lesnar did to the last BB on the ground.

This pretty much sums up everything I wanted to say...

Having said that, A Lesnar vs Fedor fight wouldn't be as exciting as people think. Fedor's best chance would be to submit Lesnar, Lesnar is too strong, and too good of a wrestler to just fall into a submission. It's true he may lay his opponent until they tire out trying lift his heavy ass off of them, but it's effective.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i don't get the argument that lesnar had a huge weight advantage. didn't they both have to weigh in? it's not like lesnar was fighting gsp.

i'm not a big lesnar fan, but he is improving a lot with each fight. there have been big/strong guys before, but there seems to be a little more to lesnar than mere physicality.

·
Registered
620 Posts

First of all I've trained for MMA for about 7 years now so don't attack me and make me sound like an idiot when you have no idea who I am or what I do.

Secondly if you were listening closely you could hear Lesnars corner telling him how to pull off the triangle so if it wasn't for them he wouldn't have been able to pull off the submission.

Also if you watch all of his other fights he does the same thing over and over which is taking you down, laying on top of you until you're to worn out to do anything then he begins to pound your face in. He doesn't have a stand up game, and he doesn't have a technical ground game.

And how the hell can you call him king when 2 fights have been against Frank Mir, Heath Herring who was basically washed up when Lesnar fought him. and Randy Coture which is his only good victory.

Look at Fedor yes he lost in a pretty shitty way to Fabricio but Lesnar has never beaten Nogueira in his prime, Cro Cop in his prime, Mark Coleman, Tim sylvia, Andrei Arloviski etc... And when he wins does he get in his opponents face and shit talk him? No. Does he give the crowd the finger? No. Does he disrespect his opponent before, during, and after the fight? No. Does he then call him self the best, and baddest motherfucker in the world? No. Fedors a true champion just because you have the belt doesn't mean shit it's how you act towards your opponent, fans, and critics to me that's what makes a true champion not some shiny, golden belt.

I'll give him respect for doing what he's done in such a short amount of time and fights and yes I do agree with you I'm sure he'll beat Cain but other than that the guys nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant, douche bag.

·
Registered
9 Posts
True - Lesnar is a beast - BECAUSE he is big and fast....Thats it

No stand up, no ground game, no fighting sense
Did he take Carwin's punches? Sure he did, like a little girl

Its actually a shame that he is a HW champ after only 6 fights and 1 of them being a loss.

If carwin works on pacing himself, cardio and ground game, its going to be a different fight the next go around
He took them like a little girl? You would be dead if shane carwin hit you.

Lesnar has no skill? Why isnt hong man choi the champ? Or bob sapp?

Its always easy to pick out the blind haters.

Get used to a long reign from lesnar buddy. The dude has a chin, which was his big question mark. Now that hes just taken out the divisions hardest hitter, good luck finding someone to beat him.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts