Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been using Uber to get around the last few weeks - absolutely love it. Highly recommended if you want to get around in style.

The cars in London are either BMW 7 Series, Merc S Class, Audi A8 or Jaguar XF.

No having to hail a cab, and you don't need cash on you to pay as it's all done through the app. And the drivers are so courteous!

Wont be going back to black cabs or mini cabs in a hurry!

UBER PRIVATE CARS GO INTERNATIONAL ~ ROLL LIKE BOSS

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Cheers, just got the app and signed up.

And their UberX looks as though it is quite a bit cheaper than good old Addison Lee as well for when you don't need to be ballin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't have many UberX cars on the road at the moment as they only launched it a few weeks back, but I can imagine that once they do - it will take off! 30% less than a black cab for a BMW 3 Series etc.

There are few promo codes floating around - try SQUAREMEAL for a £20 credit.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Big thumbs up from me. I used it lastnight... Got an E class Merc from Regents Street out to my home for £21 (Although it actually cost me £1 after a couple of ten quid credits!) Addison Lee is about £40. And he went a long way round.

I'm spreading the word. For anyone who uses cabs let alone wants a limo service it's a no-brainer.

I'll give the squaremeal code a try tonight. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Uber London is perfect for me - I don't know London, I hate black cabs because of how tall I am and the cab drivers won't STFU!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Have been using Uber to get around the last few weeks - absolutely love it. Highly recommended if you want to get around in style.

The cars in London are either BMW 7 Series, Merc S Class, Audi A8 or Jaguar XF.

No having to hail a cab, and you don't need cash on you to pay as it's all done through the app. And the drivers are so courteous!

Wont be going back to black cabs or mini cabs in a hurry!

UBER PRIVATE CARS GO INTERNATIONAL ~ ROLL LIKE BOSS
Do you play football by any chance?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I hate black cabs because of how tall I am
WUT? :lol:
You hate black cabs even though they have more leg and head room than any 7 series or S Class?
If you don't want to talk to the driver, close the partition.

Unfortunately I couldn't get one in Dalston at 2am on Saturday night, not overly surprising though to be honest! By it's very nature I think it's going to pretty West End-centric for a while. Shame that you can't request one even if there's none in the immediate area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WUT? :lol:
You hate black cabs even though they have more leg and head room than any 7 series or S Class?
If you don't want to talk to the driver, close the partition.

Unfortunately I couldn't get one in Dalston at 2am on Saturday night, not overly surprising though to be honest! By it's very nature I think it's going to pretty West End-centric for a while. Shame that you can't request one even if there's none in the immediate area.
New promo code for Uber London: ROLLLIKEBOSS - gets you £20 credit when you sign up!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just had dinner with one of the founders the other night. They are killing it right now and have big plans for the future of Uber. I recommend using them when you are in NYC.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Always amazes me how cheap UberX is compared to to other cabs... It seriously comes in at about 30-50% less than a black cab in London. And that's to ride in BMW 3 Series (occasionally you get a Toyota Prius boo) - great app / service all round.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts